Golden Crown Paradise

Old Apr 10th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Golden Crown Paradise

I'm looking for a review of this property from anyone who has stayed there recently. They've got a great deal going right now. I usually stay at Cancun Palace, but if this property is half as nice as the promotions say it is, the price might lure me away this year. Thanks.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 06:55 PM

Hi! We were there in late Feb/March and had a great time. Adults only, AI and decent food. A smaller property for cancun with only 159 rooms but a great pool area and once again NO KIDS!

We have posted some pics on a YAHOO group site called cancunrivieramaya. So join and take a look. Our pics are under a folder named for the hotel. We have also posted pics of Camino Real and Misc Cancun. If you go there is a great bartender at the pool bar named Adrianna. Just say BESOS to her and she will know you know us!

Jenny around the pool is also great. Can send more fotos if you supply e-mail

Best wishes
DCE
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

DCE: Thanks for the info. The food is an important quality of my vacation so on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being superb how would you rate it? We are going with two other couples and one of the guys in our group is uncomfortable with topless sunbathing (actually I think his wife is much more uncomfortable about it than he is). Since this is an adults only property I was wondering if you saw much of that at the pool area. We mostly see it on the beach area and that is no problem for us. But since this trip is a group one, I am trying to accomodate everyone as best I can.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 05:39 PM

Technically, topless sunbathing is frowned upon in Mexico - however things happen in Cancun that don't happen in the rest of Mexico. However as long as you stay away from spring break season, you shouldn't see too much flagrant nudity. Again, I seen the occasional topless sunbather in Cancun left alone, but pool staff in Cozumel made them dress.
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 10:54 AM

Breakfast was a 5 because it is hard to screw up! Lunch at the Pier restaurant was a 3.7 and we went out to dinner (too many good choices) every night except one. The ShangriLa for dinner, was decent for food quality although the portions were small. Would recommend any of the fine restaurants reviewed on this site especially, LaDistilleria, LaHabichuela (personal fave) and even Pat O'Briens for fun.
We think Cenacola at Kukulcan is the best for Italian although others like La Dolce Vita. We did not care for Lorenzillos as it seemed too "touristy"
La Madonna at La Isla should absolutely be seen as the inside is impressive. At least go up stairs for a cocktail!

Topless should not be a problem or an opportunity! More later
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all - this is sounding better and better. June can't get here fast enough.