go ahead...make me jealous

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 11:50 AM
Iwish Iwasgoingsomewhere

go ahead...make me jealous

Sounds like lots of folks are heading on vacation! Where are U going and why did U select that location?? I don't have any vacation time until june!! Make me jealous...tell me about your plans....please!! I am surrounded by feet of snow!

Frozen on the East coast!

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Steve

We are from East Cost too and expecting 30 BELOW zero tonight. So we are leaving for Belize on Thursday.
Why are we going there?
Jungle experience, Mayan ruins, snorkeling, warm weather. This is our fourth time
Keep warm and be certain that June will be here sooner than you think

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 06:31 PM
t

anyone else???

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 03:09 AM
Frozen in Toronto

We are heading to Playa del Carmen in two weeks. Can't wait! I was stuck this week on the DVP (Don Valley Parking Lot) in traffic due to 2 accidents, for 1.5 hours in -25c (with windchill)weather and I was day dreaming about sitting on the beach looking out at the blue ocean with a Corona in my hand. Someone please remind me why I chose to live here!!!!!

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 07:39 AM
Susan

It is cold here in Toronto, isn't it? Everyday I expect it to warm up and it just stays cold. We're going to Mexico also - a night in Mexico City, then a couple of nights in Puerto Vallarta before going to Sayulita for a week. We're finishing up with a few days in Guadalajara. I expect I'll need a jacket at night in Guadalajara, but it's sure to be better than here!

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 07:38 PM
Jen

Finally got above 7 degrees today and I got the 4 inches of salt washed off my car which has been on it for at least a month. It started snowing 3 hours ago!! I couldn't ake it anymore - I decided to go on the Funjet webpage and just booked a week in Ixtapa. Me encanta the Web!!!!

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 07:16 AM
Iwish2 whatwerewethinkin

It's summer in Buenos Aires and a peso does not cost a dollar (US) anymore. It costs only 30 cents.

Meet me in front of the cemetery entrance in Recoleta at noon. We can stroll by the outdoor stands selling souvenirs. Then over to a nice outdoor cafe and have lunch al fresco.

We'll take a cheap taxi ride through the greenery to Hippodromo Argentina. It'll be nice there, in the shade of the trees around the walking ring. See the horses get saddled up and the jockeys mounted. Then walk over to trackside. Got a big open view. We'll get a table on the lawn and relax have a few inexpensive drinks. We'll call over the cute girl with the computer on her hip. Place our wagers without leaving our seats. Follow my tips and we will win enough to pay for the tango show tonight. If not, dinner is on me (big spender, me, a nice Argentiine steak, cooked and served to our outdoor table will cost about as much as a buying the same cut of meat at the Safeway back home).

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 07:45 AM
Parrot Mom

Still have the 15 inches of snow on the lawn..an ice cube left on my deck would still be frozen..and h suitcases are opened and ready to be filled...We leave for Punta Cana on the 9th..

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 09:21 AM
Joaquim

Soon, Rio De Janiero Brazil, the land of Samba and Tonga's. The only thing hotter than the outside temperatura of 100 plus degrees are the Garotas de Ipanema. Boa sorte e boa viagem.