Mexico weather in February....?

Jan 24th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Shawnie

Mexico weather in February....?

Can any post their experiences with weather in Mexico in February? I am going late that month & trying to figure out if the not-as-warm temperatures there are indicative of the overall coldspell the world is suffering, or what. Is it normally hot there? What temperatures? Help?

Thanks,
Shawn

Jan 24th, 2003, 01:39 PM
cb

Where in Mexico?? Mexico is a rather big place, you know...

If it helps, right now in northern Mexico are a bit above freezing. In the south they are between 70 and 90

Jan 24th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Shawnie

Yea, I just realized I meant to say PLAYA DEL CARMEN area...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawnie

Jan 24th, 2003, 02:50 PM
jill

It is always warmer on the west coast of mexico. I have been to Puerto Vallarta and Zihuatanejo and we were at both areas in feb and it was high 80's or low 90's. Have also bben to Playa same time and temp wa inthe mid 80's

Jan 24th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Owen O'Neill

Just returned (last night) from a week in Cozumel. El Norte (northern wind) in effect when we arrived and dues to show up again today. It made for rough water and moderately cool evenings but that translated to my GF wearing a shawl over her sleeveless dress to be comfortable in the evening. Even at the "cool" times we slept with the windows open and were plenty warm in mid-adternoon. El Norte has been more common this year but for us northern folks it is still plenty warm - high 60's with a cool breeze was as bad as it got and that was only 2 days out of 7 - remainder of visit was high 70's with light warm breeze.

Search this Thread