Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Getting to the "real' Costra Rica from Four Seasons?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be returning to the Four Seasons Oct 27-Nov.6 and want to get away from the crowds and into eco-sysytem areas within 60-90 minutes tops of the resort. We do NOT want to rent a car, therefore,we need pick-ups at the hotel for 2 one (1) day outings even if we leave at 7:30 AM but would like to return about 5 PM. A small group van of 6-12 guests to really see some aspects of the interior-not luxury- but primitive animal and bird life, orchids and locals living as they do without tourist's milling about. We hate tourist shows!
We are willing to pay up to $150/person for each of the "right" outings. Can you recommend firms and contact info that can satisfy our needs?
Thanks.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 02:58 PM

Hi Stan

Well I e-mailed to Costa Rica to Vargas Tours to get some answers for you before I replied to your request.

Ricardo Vargas of Vargas Tours does tours in your area.

They do small group tours and that is what I like about them...no big bus or 15 people in a Van !!

Ricardo lives near Coco Beach and to come to pick you up at the Fours Season they charge $10.00 more per person for the tours out of the Four Seasons because of the extra distance they have to come to pick you up

I was in the Papagayo Gulf region several months ago and took about 7 tours with Vargas Tours.

Ricardo's wife ,Lupita (Lou-Peet-Ahh),handles all the bookings for the tours and you can e-mail her.

I told her about you and your request for tours and she said ,that when you e-mail her , just mention my name (Percy), I just receievd an e-mail from her this morning.

But first you can go to their website and check out the list and prices of tours.

www.ricardocostaricatours.com

When the web page comes up ,click on "Enter.'
Then on the left hand side is a list of all their tours, just click on any tour you want to read about.

Their new e-mail address is :

[email protected]

I cannot say enough about what a good tour time I had with them.

PS ( Say hello to Lupita for me !!)

Hope all this helps you a little

Percy

Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 07:08 AM

ttt
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 03:05 PM
Original Poster

PERCY; SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN!
WE WANT 2 7-9 HOUR TOURS IN THE 7 DAYS DAYS. WITH ALL THE TOURS YOU TOOK WHICH 2 GOT YOU INTO THE "REAL JUNGLE" WITH FEW TOURISTS REGARDLESS OF PRICE?
THANKS.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 03:31 PM

Well Stan, the "Real Jungle " that you mentioned is in the Osa region of Costa Rica.

I very much enjoyed the Palo Verde Tour and to me ,to see all the white faced monkeys that came right on our boat was priceless.

I have pictures of myself feeding pieces of bananas to the monkeys...they were grabbing the bananas right out of my hand.!!!!

You are in the Gulf of Papagayo region of Costa Rica and this is the hot dry area of the country.

I took the Monteverde Tour..this was about 15 - 16 hours ,so too long for you.

Also I went to Nicaragua from about 5 AM to about 9- 10 PM.

You see a lot when you have the tour guide right at your side and everything is planned out for you and you are not doing the driving.!

I think you would enjoy the Rincon de la Vieja Tours...which is the #1 Combo Tour they have, when you view Ricardo's website page.

At Rincon you will:
1. Do the Canopy
2. Horseback riding
3. Super Water Slide..I mean this is "cool"
4.Hanging bridges walk to a Waterfall
5. Hot Mud bath and then Hot Springs bath.
6. Tico Lunch at the Buena Vista Lodge.

It is a nice ride from your hotel via Liberia to Rincon National Park.

Percy