Costa Rica with Caravan Tours

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ever gone on the 10 day, all inclusive, with Caravan tours/ Costa Rica? Comments pro and con please! The price is certainly right at $1,100 pp including local taxes for all meals, hotels, and excursions.
Also, has anyone gone with them in December, after the rainy season or is that an oxymoron? Thanks in advance for any replies!!
Old May 17th, 2005, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, we went to CR using Caravan Tours (caravantours.com) in April. We thought it was great! It was my choice tour for my senior parents (in their '80s) after I just about gave up on my own itinerary for them. Caravan takes care of all the details -- transportation, hotels, meals and guides. All were great, just as described on the web. Our guides were just terrific! Caravan provides the most incredible itinerary for their 8-day trip -- all the highlights and then some (banana and coffee plantation tours.) I was especially attracted to their trip to Tortuguero on the Atlantic. We thought it was the best part of our trip -- most tours and tourists don't go there but that is where we saw our best birds and wildlife. The boat trips there were so much fun! We had a wide age range on our tour, from 10 yrs. old to a man who was 93 and very agile. All age groups were represented. We learned so much from our fellow travelers. Caravan provides a wonderful experience -- we had a great time and I highly recommend them! Not to mention the price is right.