Galapagos Diving -- Lammer Law vs. Nemo 1

Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 12:06 PM
TC
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Galapagos Diving -- Lammer Law vs. Nemo 1

Any first hand experiences with either ship would be most helpful. They all seem to do the same itineraries - set up by the Park service, but there is quite a difference in price. We are most interested in the diving aspect of the two ships -- quality of dive masters, equipment, etc. Thank you.

www.discovergalapagos.com/Nemo/index.htm

www.lammerlaw.com/index2.html

Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 12:36 PM

Don't have first hand experience but looking at the two sites they seem quite different.....Nemo offers "occasional" diving at an extra charge (and on another web site I visited it said "up to 6 dives" and the dives are scheduled at 6am and 12 noon - separate from the other shore excursions) whereas Lammer Law's itinerary seems to be focused around diving and all charges are included in the price.

I recently returned from Galapagos and suggest that you consider how much diving you want to do as part of the decision - people I have talked to who were on ships like Lammer Law loved it - but they also loved diving 2 or more times a day.

On our cruise we snorkeled at least twice a day - we had a wonderful time in the water - in retrospect I wish we had had the chance to dive although the snorkeling was great - mainly due to the sea lions and penguins zipping around us!
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 02:12 PM
TC
Original Poster

Thanks, Elizabeth. I am really looking for first hand experiences. I've read everything I can find on both ships. I understand what they say about the diving. We have divers at a PADI Master certification level with over 100 dives logged, who are going purely for the dive experience. We also have serious snorkelers who do not dive. In my correspondence with the Lammer Law people they have very little to say that sets them apart from Nemo. I found this unusual -- that they wouldn't promote themselves more. So I'd really like to gather some first hand information so that we can make an informed decision on which meets our needs the closest.
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 05:35 AM

I don't have first hand experience - but have read many good things about the Lammerlaw. If you haven't already, I suggest you post at scuba specfic forums for getting first hand advice:

http://dive.scubadiving.com/talk/list.php?1

http://www.scubaboard.com/search.php?searchid=2690214
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 09:36 AM
TC
Original Poster

Thanks, Rumrita. I've posted my question on both SCUBA boards. Great suggestion.