From the Airport to Quepos

Old Dec 10th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the Airport to Quepos

Hi everyone. I'm going to CR in June for my honeymoon and will be arriving at ~11:40am if there is no delays. There is a Sansa flight at 1:30pm to Quepos and none after that. This appears to be my only option as far as flying. Can anyone tell me if we would be crazy to book this flight? How long does customs usually take to get through? Would we be better off driving? How is the drive?
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 05:30 PM

Driving San Jose to quepos are 6 hours in car, good street, across nices towns.

The internationals flys come to JUAN SANTA MARIA AIRPORT, and fly to Quepos usually are from TOBIAS BOLANOS AIRPORT check the airports
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 08:23 PM

Just so you don't get confused...Sansa does have flights to Quepos and is right there by Juan Santamaria. The airport dennisg is refering to is the
Tobias Bolano in Pavas and it is where Nature Air flys out of. There is a 1:55 flight (green season time) to Quepos on Nature air but when you factor in the travel time to get to Pavas you are better off with Sansa.
Old Dec 11th, 2003, 10:17 AM

I'm not sure how busy the airport will be in June, but in April it is pretty crowded. The immigration / customs / luggage lines will be long. Expect at the very minimum 1 hour in lines.
Old Dec 11th, 2003, 11:12 AM

If your flight is timely, your plan may be do-able. I've never traveled to CR in June, however it is during the green season and therefore, more likely to be less busy than other times of the year. My experiences with getting thru customs was fairly quick & easy -- trips to CR in Sept & Nov.
If you decide not to risk missing the flight, then I'd suggest you stay your first night in one of the lovely hotels that are outside the city of San Jose (places like Xandari, Vista Valle, Hotel Martino). Then you could head off to Quepos the next day.