Search

First Time in Mexico Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Time in Mexico Please Help!!!

Hello all you experts...

I desperately need you advise again. My wife and I are planning a trip to Mexico for 2 weeks in DEC but have no idea where to go.

We would like to see the culture, relax on the beach, and see the ancient ruins. We might be asking too much in a 2 weeks time so if you could help us what is possible and what might not be. I don¡¦t even know which airport to fly into ƒ¼¡K I was thinking maybe to fly into Mexico City and stay there couple of days and drive or fly to Puerto Vallarta or other beach area to relax¡K Everything is open right now and we would love to hear from all you experts¡K Oh, and should I rent a car?

I greatly appreciate all your comments and advises in advance.

Thank you

Joe
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Sorry, my first post had some text issues.

Hello all you experts...
I desperately need you advise again. My wife and I are planning a trip to Mexico for 2 weeks in DEC but have no idea where to go.
We would like to see the culture, relax on the beach, and see the ancient ruins. We might be asking too much in a 2 weeks time so if you could help us what is possible and what might not be. I don’t even know which airport to fly into. I was thinking maybe to fly into Mexico City and stay there couple of days and drive or fly to Puerto Vallarta or other beach areas to relax. Everything is open right now and we would love to hear from all you experts. Oh, and should I rent a car?
I greatly appreciate all your comments and advises in advance.
Thank you
Joe
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 02:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Joe, To see ancient ruins you need to be on the Caribbean side. There are none around Puerto Vallarta.
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 04:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look into the Riviera Maya. Around Playa del Carmen or Tulum or Akumal. Great beaches and convenient for visiting the ruins.
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 04:07 AM

Since you have 2 weeks, I suggest this:

1. At least a few days in Mexico city. There are fascinating ruins nearby (Teotihucan) and also in the center of the city; and many other cultural and historical sights.

2. Fly to Oaxaca and spend 5 days there. Oaxaca has many interesting sidetrips, and fantastic food. It is one of the world's culinary centers.

3. Take a short flight over the mountains to the beaches near Oaxaca. By then you will be ready to rest up at a beach.
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 05:57 AM

JoyceL has given you a great itinerary. You might book your flights to MEX and departing from Huatulco. You could take the bus to Oaxaca, fly to Huatulco (Tucan--purchase tickets downtown). There are many ruins around Oaxaca--Monte Alban, Mitla--plus the nearby craft villages for rugs, pottery and carvings. The food is amazing, too.
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your insights. I always greatly appreciate it. I'll take the information you have given me and do more studying.
Thanks again...