Reload this Page >

First Time All Inclusive - Please Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:09 AM
Julie

My boyfriend and I are going to PDC in late May, and staying at and AI hotel.<BR><BR>This is the first time we have stayed at an AI hotel. Can anyone let me know what does All inclusive "really" mean. What does it include? What isn't usually included? Is it worth the extra $$? Do you have any tips/advice? <BR><BR>Thanks!!

Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:37 PM
Diane

Julie, usually all inclusive means that you pay one price for a week and you get transportation to/from the airport, all the food/drinks you can eat/drink, a room, entertainment, sports equipment (usually non-motorized water toys), airfare (if included). Your agent or the brochure should spell out exactly what's included because each resort has slight variations/conditions. We find that they are a great deal and much cheaper than eating out every meal and paying for every drink, etc. You can read reviews at these webesites: www.caribbeanopinion.com<BR>www.debbiescaribbeanre sortreview.com<BR>www.cancunandrivieramaya.com<BR> Good Luck, I know you'll have fun. (p.s. tipping at an AI isn't required but is a personal choice)

Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:43 PM
Leslie

It's a good value, but you need to be aware, AI also generally means watered-down drinks and bland buffett food. If you've got a good deal for the AI, I'd suggest getting off property for evening meals. You won't get as bored with the food that way.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 08:41 PM
Lenleigh

Where are you staying at? We are going at the end of May and staying at the Reef Club. We have stayed in All Inclusives before and there are good points and bad, I mostly dont like that you dont get to really experience authentic food (its usually pretty americanized food).

Old May 4th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Julie

Thanks for the responses! We will be staying at the CopaCabana. <BR><BR>Should you reserve the restaurants days in advance? I hear they get booked up quick.

Old May 4th, 2002, 06:25 PM
andrea

Julie, my husband and I are going to the copacabana the first week of July. Please post info on it when you get back! thanks.

Old May 6th, 2002, 12:03 PM
x

the biggest complaint i hear is that the food is very bland. also watch that they are replacing the trays of food at the buffet and not just dumping more food on top. heard several cases of food poisoning at these too.

Old May 6th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Cozannie

This is for Julie. You won't need to make reservations at most restaurants in town. I'd stroll around during the day and pick out a nice place for dinner, so you'll know where you are going when you go back for dinner instead of spending time at night trying to decide where to eat. The food is OK at the AI's, but you won't want to eat there every night.