Search

Finca Rosa Blanca Activities

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2005, 12:36 PM
eac
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finca Rosa Blanca Activities

We (two adults) will be spending a couple of days at Finca Rosa Blanca next month. We'll arrive mid-day from SJ and plan to chill the rest of the day. However, the next day I would like to plan a "field trip" with relatively short travel time for the next day. What is a "must do" close by?
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 12:53 PM

My family will be staying at Finca Rosa Blanca in June for three nights. I have gotten much information over the past few months from this site. Several people have suggested that exploring the Orsoi Valley is quite wonderful. I am also interested in checking out the Los Angeles Cloud Forest. Please post a trip report when you return. I will be ooking forward to reading it.
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 01:42 PM
eac
Original Poster

Thanks! I'll report back. Oh, and my prior post lacked any specifics, sorry. We do like rafting (too far away, I'm sure), half day hikes, orchids, wildlife. I've heard the visibility at the volcano (not sure which one) is limited.
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 01:56 PM

You could do some rafting but you would have to get a ride into San Jose to one of the hotels they pick up at.

Visibility at any one of the volcanos can be limited depending on the clouds that day. Generally Poas and Irazu are pretty clear early in the morning. If you are going to the Orosi area you could stop in at Irazu as well as stop in at Lankester gardens.
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 04:32 PM

I have heard that the Orsoi Valley is beautiful,however, I am not sure what you do here. Is it mainly driving through the area?
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 02:25 PM

We stayed at FRB and loved it. Take a look at the suite with the 360 view. Or maybe better yet stay in it!! Anyway, there are trips that you can book from FRB. Did you ask the hotel what they offer? I was interested in local artisans and they arranged for a driver to stop at a woodworkers house. He showed us how he made the boxes that you see in all the gift shops. We also got to see the inside of his house which was very interesting. I don't know if I would ever have had that opportunity, being a toursit. Enjoy!!
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 08:41 AM
eac
Original Poster

Thanks Judyrose!