Fiesta AmericanaCondessa

Dec 4th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Fiesta AmericanaCondessa

Anyone have an opinon on this Cancun Hotel, Fiesta American Condessa? Looking at it or Le Meridian for a week in early February. Want to be able to walk restaurants and shopping etc.
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:45 PM

My husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon in Jan 1997. It is a wonderful hotel. The staff was very helpful and the pool area was amazing. They have restaurants on site that were quite good. The breakfast buffet had some great local dishes that we loved. I still like to eat salsa and eggs! Cancun has a bus system that is readily available and is safe. You can easily catch a bus up and down the strip to have access to whatever restaurant you want. Enjoy!
Dec 4th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Original Poster

Thank you - we have not been in Cancun since the 80's and there are so many more options, although the prices have doubled since then. Cleanliness is the most important quality I'm looking for.
Dec 8th, 2004, 07:12 AM

Stayed there in 2000 before the recent renovation. Very nice pool area and beach and we thought the food was very good for hotel food especially. Our service was OK not great but nothing real bad. We ended up in the only ocean view room with NO balcony. You could easily walk to Kukulcan Mall from LeMer but it's a good haul from Condessa.
We prefer taxis to the bus as we make many new friends and get doorstep service. The buses are close to free but even taxis run only about $8 one way. Try LaHabichuela for dinner!
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:42 AM

If you gave me a choice, I'd choose LeMeridien. Just a little bit nicer, newer. But the Condesa looks very nice as well, and both will probably be very clean. Both are on a fantastic beach. The LeMeridien will be slightly closer to shopping.

Search this Thread