Reload this Page >

Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 05:08 PM
Karen

Has anyone stayed at the Fiesta Americana or know anything about this hotel?? How are the rooms,restaurants, beach,location etc. Any info. is better than nothing!!!

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 03:00 PM
anne

Karen: Did you post this question earlier this month or is this a different Karen? If you do a search keywords: Fiesta Americana ..you'll find some answers .. I'll be happy to give you as much additional info as I can. We've stayed there 3 times and wouldn't hesitate to go back

Old Nov 17th, 2001, 08:12 AM
Meg

Elsewhere on this site, someone mentioned that you can't bring food or drink to your room. I've never heard of such a thing! Did you find this to be the case? <BR>Thanks!

Old Nov 17th, 2001, 01:11 PM
wendy

Meg, it was only food and drinks from the grocery store that we weren't aloud to bring to our room. It seemed obvious that the hotel just wanted to make sure that we'd spend more money there, which is rather cheesy, but Maybe it's changed now.<BR>Karen, other than the balcony's being a little small, I loved everything about this hotel (rooms, beach, location, only ate breakfast there, which was good) I would suggest trying some restaurant's in town as well!

Old Nov 17th, 2001, 02:27 PM
Karen

Anne- I never have posted here before. So, I guess there is more than 1 Karen on this board.(no surprise, Karen is a fairly common name). I did do a search and found some info. on the Fiesta Americana. But I didn't think it would hurt to post and ask for information other than what was mentioned already. Isn't that what this board is for? To learn more about travel, hotels, etc?

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 04:46 PM
anne

Most definitely Karen.. it's just that I didn't want to rattle on and be redundant answering questions that weren't even asked. Sorry if I sounded sharp .. not intended. In a nutshell .. the FA is a class act, has been around for years and management knows how to run a hotel well. Rooms are frequently upgraded so are usually quite fresh and hospitable. Large bathrooms, king beds available and all rooms have balconies with oceanview. Request over 5th floor so you have an unobstructed view over the palms. The pool area is well shaded, with lots of lounges. Timeshares next door (Los Tules) are a great place for an evening stroll. We usually slipped next door to the Qualton Club for their breakfast buffet .. about 1/3 the price and very nice. Good disco right at the end of the driveway.. name escapes me. Right across the street is a shopping mall .. large grocery store- Gigante I believe, bank, money exchange etc. We usually brought snacks etc in with no problem, small amounts, discreetly. I think they are more concerned about food in the rooms attracting critters than loss of revenue. Anything else? LOL