Few more CR ?'s

Old Nov 7th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few more CR ?'s

I have a few questions on various topics to help with my final CR itinerary - thanks in advance for your help!!

1 - Does anyone know or know how I can find out if Manual Antonio Park will be open on New Years day. If they are not open, any ideas on what will be open on that day in the area??

2 - Generally what time does it get dark (I will be there end of Dec. beginning Jan)

3 - Which canopy tour in Monteverde is better - the Original or Skytrek? By better I mean safest, most thrilling and best "visuals" of the park.

4 - If I have a 2 pm flight out of San Jose is it possible to go shopping in Sarchi in the am before I leave?

Thanks again
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 07:30 AM

Regarding Sarchi--if you can get an early start and be on your way back to the airport by 10:30, I'd say "go for it". It will take you about 45 minutes. I would be concerned about something happening on the road that might cause delay. You will need to be in the ticket line at the airport by 12:00 p.m.

Manuel Antonio is closed on Mondays. As far as I know, open all other days.

By 5:30 you will definitely know darkness is approaching. Sometime between 5:45 and 6:00 p.m., it will be complete!

Can't advise on Monteverde.
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 07:32 AM

I could be wrong about this, but when my husband and daughter and I went to Sarchi to do a little shopping in July, we arrived early, so as to have time for other things during the day. I THINK we had to wait for the stores at the "Sarchi mall" to open at 10:00. It may have been 9:00, but I think it was 10:00 because we arrived and had to wait about 45 minutes. We were thinking they would open at 9:00. I'd try to get to Sarchi the afternoon or evening before definitely.
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Shillmac

Do you know what time the "mall" is open until the day before? I will be rafting the day before so if they are open late that will work out.
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 11:58 AM

No, sorry, wish I did. I think it would be fairly late, though. You'll get in late from rafting, I'm guessing, and will be pretty pooped for a drive in the dark to Sarchi.
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 03:36 PM

Both skytrek and Original are good. For traditional canopy zip line experience I would suggest either Original or Selvatura. I like selvatura because it also has skywalks, an insect museum and lots of other activities on site. Both are safe.

Sky Trek is a completely different experience - you are usually well above the trees. You travel very fast. You do not hold the cable yourself.It was lots of fun and very safe. At the highest cable platform you can see Arenal Lake.

Enjoy!