Search

Feb Temps in Manual Antonio

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feb Temps in Manual Antonio

We are planning a trip to Manual Antonio next February and trying to decide on whether we want air conditioning. Can someone tell us what the temperatures are typically like around 10 PM in February (we will be overlooking the beach)? Thanks, Ken.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 09:40 AM

Which hotel ? On the hill ? Beach ?
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 09:49 AM

You will want air conditioning. It will be upper 80s to 90s and humid during the day. At night it will cool off a bit but not significantly.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 10:08 AM

All of our trips to CR have been in Feb. And yes the temps can get up to 90 or above. Nights do cool down and offer a wonderful breeze. For that matter Feb has always been quite breezy.

I much prefer hot temperatures to cold and do get chilled quite easily, anything under 70 is cold to me.

Our hotel in MA did have air conditioning, but I could have easily done without. Actually MA is the only time that we have had AC in a beach location.

I normally book hotels without AC for two reasons. One - The breezes and fan are normally all I need and Two - My husband will turn on the AC if it is available, which will block all the wonderful noises of nature and those cool breezes.

If your hotel choice does not offer AC, I would bet that the design of the accomodations will create good cross ventilation.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

faithie, we are looking at several, but our first choice looks like Costa Verde, which is on a hill. I realize comfortable sleeping temperatures vary by person, but even with a breeze, we are not comfortable sleeping with night time temperatures over 80 degrees. So it looks like we need the option of AC, and will not use it when the breezes cool things off enough. Is it cooler on the mountain, or down by the beach at night?
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 02:08 PM

We just got back from MA and were on the hill. We were at Villas Nicolas and had paid extra for air, but the unit was broken the entire stay. I would've thought we'd have gotten a better breeze as it seemed we were a clear shot from the ocean(over the trees). The breeze was minimal and while we were able to sleep okay, I know we would have been more comfortable with air. We would've really liked to come home to it in the afternoon for naps! Yes, it blocks out the nature sounds, but it was the trucks and buses lumbering down the road that woke us up every morning (and we were a good few hundred yards from the road)!! I would get air if I went back.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 02:18 PM

We stayed at Costa Verde in an efficiency room in November , we had air co. but left the windows open and used the fans . It was perfect ! You have the option for either . Hotels lower by the beach would not catch breezes(or as much ) , that is why I asked . I believe most would agree it is cooler on the hill, probably not by much though . You will be happy , the views from Anaconda early a.m. are amazing !
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 04:19 PM

We were in MA last February at Si Como No. I think you will need the air conditioning. It was very humid, even at night. My wife hates air conditioning and we rarely use it but she wanted it there. We just got back from Belize and didn't use the air conditioning in Placencia. Patrick
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 10:07 PM

The wife and I stayed at Costa Verde this Feb and appreciated the AC in the family B unit. HOT was the weather and being on the back side in a studio unit heard too much road noise with the screen door in use. Recomend studio plus units for the expansive view in front and less road noise. Costa Verde is a fine place but the back of units give VERY LITTLE of the great view and only from the patio or public areas. Costa Verde II adult unit is away from the road more but no AC. Be sure to clearly request Costa Verde II if that's your preferance.I see they now have separate reservation site for Costa Verde II.