Notices

"Embarcadero Pacifico"

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:21 PM
Nikki

"Embarcadero Pacifico"

Puerto Vallarta....I guess it used to be called the reef club.

Anybody have any thoughts on this place. I know it is on the marina, but is it near a sandy beach? How are the meals? Is it all buffet or can you do any meals Ala carte? Is it within walking distance to town?
thx

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:58 AM
PV

If it's in the marina it's not (reasonable) walking distance to El Centro (old downtown), the Malecon (seawall promonade), etc. The Marina is right near the airport which is a good 15-25 min. bus or taxi ride into town proper.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:12 PM
Nikki

Thankx for the reply. I was told it was 5 min walking distance from food/shopping, basically the downtown area. At least that is what I read on a different website. Am somewhat confused. I have never been to Puerto VAllarta before so I have no "lay of the land" to speak of.
Nikki

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:07 PM
pt

The buses pass by this hotel about every 10 min or so, 4 pesos pp. Time depends on traffic but should take about 15 minutes. Taxis are available 24 hours per day and 10 minutes tops to the downtown. This hotel has a very lively activities staff, gorgeous pool area.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Clarisa

Nikki, Certainly there is shopping - supermercado, restaurants, etc. nearby any hotel along the highway. That's true enough.

Here's how the different areas lay out: starting to the north and coming around the Bay of Banderas: Nuevo Vallarta, (airport), The Marina, Hotel Zone, El Centro, (river), Old Town. To drive this entire distance could probably take 40 mins. from Nuevo all the way to the very south end of town.

When people refer to "downtown" they normally mean El Centro. That is where the cathedral with the crown on the top is, the Malecon, main zocolo, public amphitheater, etc.

If you are staying in the Marina or Hotel Zone El Centro is maybe 10-20 mins. using local bus or taxi. As people always mention, both are inexpensive, but it would be quite the hike on foot.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Nikki

Thank you so much, it helps alot to get that kind of feel for it before we go.
Nikki

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Clarisa

Nikki, de nada (you're welcome). I hope you love Puerto Vallarta as much as I do. If you do enjoy it be sure to look around in "old town south of the river"... it's lovely and very different from the hotel and resort areas.