Costa Rica / No Itinerary

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Joanne

Costa Rica / No Itinerary

No Itinerary

Author: Joanne ([email protected])
Date: 01/24/2002, 08:46 pm

Message: I have been wanting to visi CR for quite some time and am planning a
trip with my daughter. I was hoping to fly into San Jose and then drive. We have
10 days. Would like to stay a B&Bs, enjoy getting to know the country, people
and their culture. I like adventure, but am cautious. We both enjoy holistic
modalities and I was wondering if there was a Yoga spot or a SPA we could visit
somewhere along the way. Would also like to hike. I am in my late fifties and by
daughter in her early thirties. This is a special mother/daughter vacation. Please
let me know your thoughts.

Thanks, Joanne

Please see message posted on No Itinerary

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 06:12 PM
David N Cook

Pick up a guide book from someone like Lonely Planet, this is a big help. Dont miss the Lake Arenal area- active volcano, hot springs, waterfall, etc.
Good luck, you'll both have fun!

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 06:18 AM
Robbie Felix

You might try the Reiki camp at Playa Hermosa. hope I am spelling that right. They have a website that must be www.reikicamp.com, asuming I am spelling "Reiki" right! Very wholistic.
I have a friend who goes there and really likes it, a yoga practitioner.
There are probably many similiar things n Nicoya Penninsula near Montezuma, you might try searchng the internet with Montezuma and Yoga as you search criterion!
Best wishes!
Robbie

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Leslie

Joanne,
I am leaving this week for a two week trip in C.R. and one of the weeks I will spend at a yoda retreat about 20 minutes outside of San Jose called Pura Vida. www.puravidaspa.com I hear it is noce but have never been before. My yoga instructor in DC has organized the trip there. =) have fun.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 02:48 AM
Robert Quirk

With no itinerary ensure that you do not arrive easter or any other religious holiday. I arrived easter with no itinerary and couldn't get a bus out of San Jose .. they had pre-booked seats days before. Be warned.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 02:51 AM
Robert Quirk

BTW, if I did it again I would book a trip. The very little of what I saw did not lend itself to shoestring travel. It appeared to be more hassle and just as expensive in terms of park fees, guides, travel etc.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Rob

Holistic modalities???