Reload this Page >

Ecological Parks-Mayan Riveria

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 06:01 AM
Helene

Has anyone been to any parks around this area....if so...how far are they from the Riveria and how much are they?<BR><BR><BR>Thanks

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 08:21 AM
Nancy

Hello Helene,<BR>It depends on where you are staying as to how far they are... (Most are about 45 min. to an hour from Cancun.)<BR>Also, keep in mind that many of them are not really ecologically concerned - they just use that term &quot;eco parks.&quot;<BR>In my own opinion/experience, they are tacky, overcrowded, overpriced tourist traps, but many people - especially those with children - absolutely love them.<BR>Xcaret was about $40 or $45 per adult. That does not include any food or drinks, locker or equipment rental, etc. Of course, just like Disney, everything inside the gates is sold at a premium price...

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Helene

Isn't there a park where you can tube down a river like body of water?<BR><BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 01:43 PM
cathy

I believe your are referring to Xel-Ha' check out their web site.....

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Nancy

We went to Xel Ha, and you can do that at both Xel Ha and Xcaret. <BR>Whee.

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Helene

I am assuming you had a wonderful time...because it looks so peaceful to just float for a while

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Nancy

It was the best part of the time at Xel Ha... It was quiet and peaceful, but it is a long way to tube and goes by pretty slowly.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 08:24 AM
Sabine

I have been to both Xcaret and Xel- Ha twice. I can say that Xcaret is more commercial than Xel-Ha and their cenote is man made. Neverless, I loved both Xcaret and Xel-Ha. Xcaret has a beautiful butterfly farm and aviary that you can't miss.Wonderful for childeren ! The snorkeling at Xel-Ha is far better than Xcaret. If i were to chose between the two I would definitly pick Xel-Ha. Also a suggestion. Don't miss out on the areas numerous cenotes. They are spectacular. I would reccomend DOS OJOS. Also, there is a tour company called Alltournative. They do a fantastic tour where they take you deep into the jungle in an Unimog (off road vehicle, like hummer )to a traditional Mayan village, there they take you snorkeling in heavenly cenotes. Next they take you to an idylic beach for kayaking and snorkeling. It is pricey but worth it. It was one of the highlights of our trip ! You can check out their website, I believe it is www.Alltournative.com<BR>Anyone has any questions about the Mayan Riviera, they can email me at [email protected]