Search

Eco Thermales Hot Springs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2006, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eco Thermales Hot Springs

I finally went to EcoThermales and I really liked it. It's in a beautiful, natural setting and is much more peaceful than Tabacon. We all loved this place. There are several pools of varying temperatures. There's a bar, and the food in the restaurant is good. It was a very nice, relaxing way to spend an evening.

Sandy
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 06:32 PM

Sandy--I love Tabacon, but we've there there before. . .tried Baldi in July, thought it was very nice. Thinking we'll take our guests to EcoThermales in March. . .is it the same as the Hildago family springs? Where is it located and how do you get there? Thanks for any extra info you can send my way!
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

I think it is the same as the Hildago family springs. I know for sure it is part of a family-owned farm. Since I didn't drive, I didn't really pay attention, but we went there from Arenal Kioro and it didn't take long. I think it's in the same area as the other hot springs. The only info I have is that it's "11 miles from La Fortuna." Sorry I can't be more precise.

Sandy
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 10:48 AM

That's okay. . .thanks. I can give them a phone call or just wait and find out when we get there. . just curious.
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 10:52 AM

shillimac, it's a 5 mins drivbe from the centre of la fortuna, you neeed to book groups 24 hours in advance usually, your hotel will do this. it's rainy season so it should be very quiet:

http://costa.rica.typepad.com/photos...lafortuna.html

don't forget to get the car park in front has one of the best views of Arenal for photos, heres one i took in April when i was last there:

http://costa-rica.typepad.com/la_for...ome/index.html

Enjoy!

Old Sep 13th, 2006, 03:52 PM

Thanks, Guanacaste. Gorgeous photos! You've posted them several times, I think, but I've never looked. They are beautiful. Partial to Hermosa and Samara? I KNOW you are partial to Samara. . .

EcoTermales looks beautiful. We'll probably give it a try.