Easter Island, Chile hotels

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Sherral

Easter Island, Chile hotels

I am plannning a trip to Easter Island and Santiago in August/September. Has anyone visited Easter Island and/or Santiago? Any recommendations for hotel accomodations on Easter Island?

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Linda

I went to Easter Island about 10 years ago and there was only one hotel (the name of which I can't remember). When you get off the plane there are plenty of people that will rent you a room in their home. They are not fancy but if you want to get to know the people this is the way to go. They are unbelievably nice!

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:53 AM
Dave

We were in EI last Feb. Stayed at Iorana Hotel. Good hotel, but if you go there, get a larger room, which is air conditioned.

At the airport are many people who will rent a room. Depends what you want.

Old May 9th, 2002, 05:12 PM
justin

Someone could tell me how much can a flight be to the Easter Islands return from Santiago or if better from Valparaiso...
plan to be there in fall, should I buy it there or before I get to Chile???
How long of a flight?
Gracias!

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 08:04 AM
jhm

Please tell me how long it takes to get from Santiago to Easter Island, what are good airlines, etc. Any and all info welcome. Thanks.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Dave

Lan Chile is the only airline that goes to Easter island. It takes about 5 hr from Santiago. Check with Lan Chile.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:52 AM
joe burns

just got back from santiago and easter island. lanchile is the only way to get to easter island. buy your tickets online, they are significantly cheaper than what the phone agents will quote you. about $600.00 was the best i could do. stayed at the vai moana hotel. nice place, but there are many places to stay including peoples houses, e-mail me if you need more details. joe

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:55 AM
joe burns

also recommend the Hotel Orly in santiago. great place, great people and only $77/night.

Joe