Search

e-tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 02:16 PM
Denise

e-tickets?

Thje airline I am booking with is using e-tickets. How safe are these? I'd much rather have paper tickets.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 02:30 PM
e-tickets

What airline? Where are you coming from & going to?

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 02:40 PM
Denise

does it really matter? going to cancun on American Airlines

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 03:11 PM
Monica

We are flying out of Charlotte, north Carolina to Cancun on Usair at the end of May. We were issued an e-ticket, our first for Cancun. I asked if I could change to a paper ticket and was told that I could but that it would cost more to do this-as I had received an internet price. And there was no guarantees when I did this, what ever that meant. I then talked to my son-in-law who travels alot with his job and he said he never has had any problems with an e-ticket and not to worry-so I'm not going to worry and shouldn't either. Hope you are going to PDC, as this is truly paradise.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 03:15 PM
Denise

Hi Monica, thanks for the response! I feel much better. What is PDC? We are going to cancun June 25th-July 1st.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 03:45 PM
e-tickets

PDC = Playa del Carmen, a town south of Cancun.<BR><BR>Cancun is a well-used destination airport so I wouldn't worry about your e-ticket. I've used one for last trip to Seattle/Puerto Vallarta. On the PV end they weren't set up with automatic self-checkin machines. You just gave your confirmation code to the airline desk person and they entered it in the computer for you. I would be more concerned if you were flying into someplace "off the beaten path" - is why i asked the first question.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:46 PM
Monica

Denise, Playa del Carmen is about 50 miles south of Cancun. If you have a day and want to do some exploring, take the bus into Playa and jsut walk around and go to the beach there-it so different than Cancun.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 05:06 PM
Denise

Monica, well I was planning on taking a trip to Cozumel, which also goes to Playa de Carmen, but my friend who I'm going with said she doesnt like Cozumel and won't go. But I am planning on going to Isla de Muejeres, going to the Chichen-Itza, and going horseback riding in Cancun. Have you done any of these things and would you recommend it?

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 05:14 PM
Denise

e-tickets,<BR>thanks for your help. I feel better now, just a little paranoid, but thats usual for me LoL. Do I have to bring any kind of document to the airport? I'm sure when i actually book the flight tomorrow, they will give me all the information.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 05:33 PM
Monica

Denise, you will need a passport or a birth certifact with the raised county seal on it. You will be asked for this before you leave the country, asked when you get to customs in Cancun and the same when you depart. If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail. I can't help much with Cancun but can help with general questions or concerns of the area.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 07:08 AM
pjr

I have used e-tickets three times in the last year and never had a problem. It is also my understanding by the end of the year all airlines are going to e-tickets.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 09:22 AM
e-tickets/documents

for Denise:<BR><BR>1) I print out from my computer the email from the airlines showing the confirmation code & the flight times; that's just for me, the airline doesn't ask to see it.<BR><BR>2) If you don't have a passport you need your drivers license + original notorized birth certificate.<BR><BR>3) You also need a tourist card but they pass that out to you on the plane and explain how to fill it out.