Driving Costa Rica

Old Sep 19th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving Costa Rica

We are going to be renting a car in SJO and then heading off to Arenal. We are planning to stay in Arenal for two days and then head toward Quepos. I am trying to figure out the best route to take. Should we make that drive in one day or are we better off breaking it up into two days? I am thinking we should break it up. If so, where should be plan on staying and again what route would you suggest. Any insite would be greatly appreciated. We are leaving Wednesday so a quick reply would be great. THANK YOU in advance.
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 12:47 PM

Well, your plan isn't exactly like ours, but maybe this will help. We stayed in MONTEverde, Arenal, and Manuel Antonio. to break up the drive between manuel antonio and Monteverde, we stayed at La Finca Que Ama. Lots of info on Neta and Arbel's La Finca Que Ama on this web-site, type La finca Que Ama into the search box. I believe this stop would work between Arenal and Manuel Antonio as well.

The roads in Costa Rica tend to be bumpy and only 1 lane in each direction, so you can't be fast. The drives are wearying. Therefore I recommend you break up the drive. Also you can take your time and enjoy the scenery if you break up the drive, and pick an interesting lunch stop.

Have fun! See my trip report if you want more info, "We're Alive! Costa Rica Trip Report: June 2005: Monkeys, insects, and rain...(Manuel Antonio, Arenal, Monteverde, San Pablo) Ask me Anything!" Author: Melissa5 Date: 6/30/2005
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 12:48 PM

Seapru, forgot to mention, you probably already know this, but Quepos is right next to Manuel Antonio, of course.
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Melissa,
Thank you so mcu for your reply. I am going to check into the areas that you mention as well as take a look at your trip report. Thanks again!!
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Melissa,
Thank you so much for your reply. I am going to check into the areas that you mention as well as take a look at your trip report. Thanks again!!
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 05:07 PM

Hey great timing! We are leaving thursday and are thinking of doing the same thing, we'll also have a car. Maybe we can hook up?