Search

Drinking Water

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2000, 08:42 AM
Judy Renaud

Drinking Water

Going to Puerto Vallarta. Should we drink only bottled water? What about brushing teeth? Is there medication to take beforehand?

Old Jan 23rd, 2000, 11:01 AM
tim

Yes <BR>use only bottled water for drinking and even brushing your teeth. Your hotel should provide it for you

Old Jan 23rd, 2000, 12:04 PM
Dennis

<BR>I am going to Purto Vallarta next month for a month. I(t will be trip numer 10 for me since 1995. The water is perfectly alright to drink, but if you have doubts, as the previous poster has, then by all means drink bottled water. The water delivery system in Puerto Vallarta was overhauled approximately 5 years ago and is the safest water to consume in Mexico. I have been drinking it for 5 years and never suffered any problems - Bueana Suerte - Dennis

Old Jan 23rd, 2000, 12:51 PM
Susan

I was is PV for Thanksgiving 99. No problem with water in large hotels or restaurants. Ask when you check in if the tap water is purified. Also ask at restaurants. By the way if you are going to avoid water, also avoid anything raw such as salad, salsa, etc and no ice in drinks. That is pretty restrictive and after a day or two you will either forget or start trusting the water. Don't eat watermellon, farmers inject water in the field to increase weight, that was our only problem so far. Don't drink water outside PV like if you go on a day trip to the countryside. Have a good time and bring Imodium just in case.

Old Jan 23rd, 2000, 04:41 PM
PT

Hi Judy...welcome to Puerto Vallarta, soon! They say that our water here in Vallarta is the safest in Mexico. I am not sure if that is true or not, but with the amount of tourists that come here, problems are very minimal. I have found that after about 3 days of baking in the sun, drinking beer all day, tequila all night, dancing til 3AM...people try and blame the water for their "feeling poorly" when in actuality, there bodies are in shock! Take it easy with the sun and alcohol, stay well hydrated, gatorade is good, and you should be fine. I have eaten watermelon for years, serve it on our boat daily and have never heard of the above information regarding injecting the watermelons with water!!!! Enjoy the wonderful tropical fruits that we have here! ! ! Have fun! PT