Search

Puntaranes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2000, 06:03 PM
Parrot Mom

Puntaranes

Has anybody been to Puntaranes for the day on a cruise ship? What type of excursions are offered and any place to go without going on an organized trip. Any info would be helpful...

Old Jan 8th, 2000, 06:39 PM
Biz

I wonder if this poster means Punta Arenas, down at the tip of South America?

Old Jan 8th, 2000, 06:52 PM
Parrot Mom

No, I mean Costa Rica...it is a fairly new cruise port.. and I dont think too far from Manual Antonio Park....

Old Jan 8th, 2000, 08:47 PM
Dennis

<BR>There is nothing that would interest you in Puntarenas. I have been there 3 times in 6 years. Check with your cruise ship personnel nd find out what trips that they do offer from Puntarenas. When the ships berthed at Caladara they had trips to San Jose but since they have changed i don't know what they do. To go to Monteverde from Puntarenas and return in one day would be a real trick. One of the things that you could do would be to take the ferry to Playa De Naranjo for the day and then back again. There is a great place to spend the day Oasis Del Pacifico. Owned by an American. Two pools, good restaurant and bar and within walking distance of the ferry slip. Just an idea. Buna Suerte. Dennis

Old Jan 9th, 2000, 05:27 AM
Parrot Mom

Thanks Dennis...knew I could count on somebody to help out.. We have alrady been to C.R. twice, spent a few days at San Jose, Jaco Beach (before it turned into Cancun-almost 15 20 years ago) and Guanacaste area three or four years ago... The hotel idea is great..we dont "do" excursions...

Old Jan 23rd, 2000, 11:15 AM
Patricio Rojas J

What country, Costa Rica o Chile? Punta arenas in Costa Rica is hot and Chile cold. What do you prefer?

Old Jan 24th, 2000, 04:24 AM
Parrot Mom

Hi-this one is in Costa Rica...and it's Puntaranes... spelled differently it's in Chile... Am doing homework and expect a delightful day there tours or not...