Did you stay at Hampton Inn recently?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have any of you stayed at the Hampton Inn recently - in Sept? I am interested in knowing if you had any problems with bed bugs, as was reported here and on some other web sites by someone else. We leave next week for Costa Rica and have a 1 night stay booked at the Hampton the night before our early morning flight home. I am using Hilton points to stay there free. I am trying to decide whether I should cancel my reservation and pay to stay at another hotel. Thanks.
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Original Poster

Sorry - I wasn't clear in my subject line or post. I am asking about the Hampton Inn by the San Jose airport in Costa Rica. Has any one stayed there recently?
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 06:54 PM

After that bedbug report? Are you kidding?

Seriously, I'M kidding. . .a lot of people stay there, and that report recently is the first I've ever heard of bedbugs.

However, if you're worried about it, there are any number of hotels nearby that would give you more of a Costa Rican "flavor". Hate to stay at an American chain when in Costa Rica! Would you lose your $$? If not, you might check out Hotel Villa Bonita (wonderful young couple, Humberto and Carmen run it) or Las Orquideas (also a nice place to stay with a great bar). Both in the $50-$70 range, breakfast and taxes. Hotel Villa Bonita is about 5 minutes from the airport. Las Orquideas is 10-15 minutes away.
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 05:12 PM
JBX

I was just on the Thorn Tree (Lonely Planet forum) and read a post from someone who recently stayed @ Hampton Inn (they were there at end of August) and brought back bed bugs. Already out of pocket $1,000 hassling with getting them out of their home. I certainly wouldn't take the risk ... that "free" night might end up costing you alot more.

<b>Costa Rica - San Jose place to stay near the airport</b>
http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/me...d=0&amp;from=1
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 09:48 AM

TTT -- any others?
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 09:33 AM

I stayed at the Hampton Inn last year and it was fine. I felt like I was on a business trip in the US.
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 12:51 PM

When we go to Costa Rica, we stay at The Dragonfly Inn both upon arrival and upon departure. Owned and run by Dawn and Michael, they're located in Alajuela and will arrange a taxi for you when you fly in.

They also take into consideration the time for your flight when you leave, will arrange a taxi for you, and will be sure you have a bite to eat before you leave.

Dawn and Michael are fabulous hosts. Their Inn is comfy, with all the comforts of home. What a perfect way to start and end your Costa Rica travels.

If you go, tell them Patty and Jeff from Reno Nevada send hugs!!

http://www.dragonflyinncr.com/index.html