Search

Darien with Ancon?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darien with Ancon?

Want to visit Panama esp to see birds. Ancon Expeditions Birds of Panama trip looks great - even goes to Darien. Has anyone done this or something similar with Ancon?
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 12:30 PM

I have no experience with Ancon Expeditions. One of my best friends is a major birder and travels with Bob Ridgley. Her favorite spot in Panama is the Canopy Tower and she has reported seeing over three hundred species during the four day stay. Panama is fabulous. Enjoy your visit.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 10:33 AM

We used Ancon throughout our trip to Panama and they've been doing Darien trips for a long time. I would not hesitate to use them for such an adventure.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply! We actually signed on for the 4 night Darien adventure some time ago and will be going Feb. 4 - 8. Will be sure to post a trip report!
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 01:26 PM

I agree that Ancon do a great job, now the owner reasonably well and can quite safely recommend them as one of the better operators in Panama.
Was just at a small basic/rustic lodge 2-1/2 hours south of Panama City this weekend called Burbayar Jungle Lodge... They are located at the narrowest point of the isthmus, right among the peaks of the Cordillera so they see an amazing mix of birds and animals - Pacific coast species, Caribbean coast species, the north-south migrating species... While rustic I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms etc and the friendliness of the staff. Well worth checking out if you are a birder or any other type of nature fan...

Cheers,
Andrew