"Crowds"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2004, 03:27 PM
RHR
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Crowds"

I have read that Manuel Antonio can get "crowded". What does this actually mean? Waiting for cabs, restaurants, tours, etc. Being from NY, I'm assuming "crowds" is a relative word.

Is it overly "crowed" during the latter part of February.
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 04:00 PM

We were in MA in Aug. and being from NJ and having been to the outer banks, yes it was rather crowded. There were a lot of people in the park as well as on the park beaches. We did find a beach near our hotel (villas nicholas) and there were very few people there. It's an interesting area as it's hilly and the hotels are built along the side of the road that leads down to the park. We took public buses back and forth. That said, it is a rather unique place as you have both beautiful beaches, spectacular views and rain forest with animals all in close proximity. The swimming was fun and we saw many monkeys. We also enjoyed a boat ride in the mangroves.We also went to Samara Beach on the northern Pacific area and found it to be much more relaxing and much less touristy...in MA we saw many Americans vs. in Samara. I am glad we went to MA, but my 15 yr old and husband agree that we personally wouldn't go back because we did find it rather Americanized.It really depends what you're looking for and if you are only going there vs. other places etc. CR is a great country and we hope to return! Joyce
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 04:50 PM

where exactly is Samara Beach? Easier to get to from San Jose o Liberia?

Recomendations for accomadations?

thanks
Old Nov 19th, 2004, 06:19 AM

This website has a map of Guanacaste, Samara beach is between Carrillo and Garza beaches.
http://www.costaricamap.com/ing/mfrmap2.html
Old Nov 19th, 2004, 02:34 PM

Plmrod, we went there via SJ (Arenal) but Liberia would probably be easier. We stayed at and highly recommend Villas Kalimba. They have a nice website and are across from the beach and new, clean etc. Let me know if you want more info, Joyce
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 09:19 PM

The dry season of January-March is also the time of 'summer' vacation for the schools of CR. Exams in December and school's out for January and February. All popular beach and other family vacation areas will be crowded.