CR tours with kids

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Warren

CR tours with kids

I am interested in traveling to CR in July for a week and have two kids (5 & 2). Would anyone suggest a tour company or other kid friendly activities?

Thanks,

Warren

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 08:21 AM
Iza

Warren, you really do not need a tour company for a trip to Costa Rica but if you prefer to use one I would suggest Costa Rica Connection (www.crconnect.com) - we used them for our first trip to CR.
As to kid friendly activities, we found that young kids really enjoy the pool and the beach and also like observing nature (monkeys, iguanas and various insects). Most organized tours and activities may be too much for them. Our daughter was 6 years old during our first trip to CR and the most fun she had was playing in the pool, boogie boarding (under adult supervision), exploring tide pools along the beach, chasing iguanas around the hotel property etc.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Warren

Thanks Iza, that was sound advice. We have hotel reservations in San Jose for a couple of nights at the start and end of the trip and plan to "wing it" as we go.

Thanks again,

Warren

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 03:20 PM
Monica

When I was planning my itinerary, I looked at the tours the operators had and broke them down into activities we could do with my daughter. For example, they had a tour of a butterfly farm and coffee plantation, so I found the link to just the butterfly farm and went there (that's a good one for kids). Volcan Poas is also a good trip from San Jose and the right amount of driving.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 03:27 PM
Monica

I forgot to add, whatever you do, don't miss Manuel Antonio. Both times I've been to Costa Rica it's been my favorite part of the trip. When we go back (because we will be going back) we may just spend the entire time there.