Search

CR photos - Arenal & Carate

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CR photos - Arenal & Carate

Hopefully this link works: http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...gy09i&Ux=0

I decided to go digital on this trip. Unfortunately on day 6 my sony died in Carate. My next 8 days I only shot 2 rolls of film which I haven't developed yet, those pics are mostly from Bosque del Cabo.
Old May 31st, 2006, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old May 31st, 2006, 06:44 PM

Hey Tully, I recognize alot of those images from Carete at the Look Out Inn. I spent alot of time in that pool, and I think I have pictures of that very same tree!

How did you enjoy your stay there anyhow? Did you meet 'Scarface' the leader of the Capuchin monkey troop? Did you happen to remember to tell Terry and Katya that we chatted on this site? Hope you had fun- do tell....
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

melshells - sorry I forgot to mention you! I had a pretty good time there but it was a little hard when I knew I had Bosque coming up next. I will try to get a trip report done this weekend!
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

If anyone is interested in seeing what SkyTrek is like, I had one of the guides use my video on the last line. It is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i05GRvhCmp0
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 07:55 PM

Hi tully

Nice pictures, thank you for sharing.

Having done the SkyTrek line I can almost see you zipping along the line.!!

I never get tired of looking at pictures of Costa Rica.

Wating for more!!

Thanks
Percy

Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 02:33 AM
Original Poster

thanks Percy! maybe you can 'see' me zipping along but it's a good thing you couldn't hear me Luckily the guide was nice enough to offer to film it. It was scary but really great fun.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

Finally got my 2 rolls of film developed from the rest of my trip. Unfortunately I was a little put out after my digital died halfway thru my trip and kind of stopped taking pics, not to mention taking pretty crappy ones. So anyway heres the rest of them from Lookout Inn and Bosque del Cabo.

Hopefully the link works, and you don't need to sign in to view the pics, just click on the album

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...p;conn_speed=1

**sorry, it keeps posting the link twice and I don't know how to fix**
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 11:13 AM

Great pictures of my favorite part of CR. Sounds like a good trip. Sorry the digital conked out on you. Thanks for the extra effort on the film pics.

Old Jul 20th, 2006, 12:36 PM

Thanks for posting these pictures. In case I haven't said this enough on these boards--I'm going to BdC for my honeymoon in Feb and staying in Mariposa cabina. Looking forward to those towel swans!
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 06:26 PM

You will like those swans even better after you have enjoyed a bath under the stars in the tub LOL ;-). Congrats on your upcoming wedding, it will be here before you know it.
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 11:18 PM

Thanks Tully,
Our daughter and her husband are looking forward to our trip to BdC in Marzo. We've booked Mariposa for them and she enjoyed your stories (which I shared with her today) about being scared walking to Mariposa in the dark and the snake and Philip's disappointment that it wasn't a bad boy!

I think they will LOVE Mariposa from what you and others have said. We'll be in one of the deluxe cabinas as well, and so will our son-in-law's mother. OUR son will be with us also, staying in one of the standards. We stayed in one last time, and thought it was pretty darned terrific! We are all getting excited and preparing to book flights in the next week or so.

I hope you are having a relaxing weekend while your drowsy cats sleep off their catnip!

Later. . .Jill