Search

CR.1 or 2 areas

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CR.1 or 2 areas

We are going to cr the first week in dec.Originally we were going to go to arenal and then on to manuel antonio.Staying at vista del cerro in arenal,and la posada in ma.We will not have a car.We are going to use tucan limo service.We are staying 7 nights.My wife would like to skip arenal and spend the time in ma.She thinks staying at both places is too much time in the car.Is there enough to do in the ma.area for 7 nights.Also what are some good day trips or good areas to go in and around ma.
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 04:52 AM

I would not skip Arenal. How many times in your life can you see the lava from an active volcano? Plus there are many things to do in the area. I think you will get tired of Manuel Antonio if you spend 7 nights there.

For distances and travel times, check here: www.yourtravelmap.com

If you are using a hired drive (and Tucan Limo Service is one of the best) then what's the big deal? You don't have to drive, you can enjoy the scenery, the driver will tell you about what you are seeing and give you lots of information and will stop whenever you want. In addition, he will stop at some places so you can take photos or look at wildlife.

I think it is great to spend some time in both areas because they are very different and you will get to see more of what Costa Rica has to offer.
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 05:34 AM

If you miss www.arenal.com you miss a lot a do not miss for me

www.manuelantoniopark.com just a small park and a beach

really would get borring for the whole week for me...

www.interbusonline.com would save you half on Xport cost
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 08:24 AM

I would keep Arenal too. You are doing a great combo have fun!
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 11:54 AM

Arenal is awesome. We liked it more than Manuel Antonio. I agree with everyone else and wouldn't skip it. To me, seven days in MA would be too much. Arenal has the awesome volcano and natural hot springs, a great waterfall, good hikes, and the Cano Negro tour to see wildlife.
Old Sep 9th, 2010, 05:42 PM

My husband and I were just in CR for the first time in August. We spent 5 nights in Arenal and 5 nights in MA. If we had to do it over again we would have spent less time in MA. We preferred Arenal. We enjoyed the mangrove tour in MA and the guided wildlife hike through the park.
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 04:09 PM
KVR

We are planning our trip for next year. We are doing 2-3 nights in the Poas area and then 4 nights in Arenal. The Arenal area seems to have some of the best sightseeing activites. It filled up our iteniary with such a limited time to vacation. We used that www.arenal.com site. for part of our planning. It has really good info.