Search

Costa Rica Trip

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2020, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa Rica Trip

Hello i am from NYC and was scheduled to go to Costa Rica on may 22 2020. I will end up canceling my trip due to the corona virus and border closings. I am born in NYC with costa rican ethnicity. I go every year at least once because i have fam there. Right now I have spoken with fam which is leading me to cancel. All tourism is closed. I am likely going to reschedule for October 2020. Does anyone think that maybe this pandemic will end and travel will be back to normal. Hopefully this thing ends soon so everyone can het back to their regular life. Im from NYC its toigh here. Hopefully i can go this year to my second place that is home to me which is Costa Rica.
Old Apr 6th, 2020, 05:57 AM

I'm worried about whether Costa Rica will be open for a big late December trip. No one can really predict anything with any accuracy at this point.
Old Apr 6th, 2020, 08:04 AM

The lockdown and the border closures are scheduled to be lifted next Monday. I don't believe for a minute that's going to happen. Of course, they'll be extended. How long is anybody's guess.
Old Apr 6th, 2020, 08:46 AM

I'm hoping things will be back to normal for your October trip, but who knows at this point? It's unpredictable. Fingers crossed for you, but I'd wait on planning anything.
Old Apr 6th, 2020, 05:25 PM

The border closure has just been extended until April 30. You know, October and December, for these trips, are still a long way away. Let's hope things get back to normal by then.
Old Apr 11th, 2020, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Where im from NYC, The famous curve they use is flattening. If i cant go to costa rica or any where else than it is 2021. trying to have hope later in the year i can get on a plane this is why i moved my work vacation to the end of the year.
Old Apr 12th, 2020, 04:57 AM

I think they are trying to get everyone to stay home over Semana Santa for their religious holiday. Everyone flocks to the beach during this week.
Old Apr 13th, 2020, 03:07 AM

The driving restrictions (rental cars included) were and still are pretty onerous. Everyone has to be off the road by 5 pm. If you're stopped, it's a $200 fine AND they unscrew your license plates and don't give them back. They mean business!
Old Apr 13th, 2020, 09:39 AM

Wow, Jeff - they do mean business! Hoping this is all over soon and everyone stays safe.