Costa Rica Pics

Feb 26th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Original Poster

Costa Rica Pics

I'm just adding more pictures from my January trip to my Yahoo Photos Album. And I thought, that perhaps some people at this site mite find them of interest. They are, for the most part, point and shoot. Don't except any of them to appear in National Geographic anytime soon. And, excuse the bad Spanish in some of the titles. I'm trying, though. There are other albums at the site, but just click on "Costa Rica" and 'view as a slideshow'.
This album is always a work in progress. I added some photos without proper titles, that's to come.
http://photos.yahoo.com/mygeminimoon
Feb 27th, 2006, 09:29 AM

Loved looking at your pictures. Especially the large spider. It brought back memories of the one we had above our bed our second night in CR.
Feb 27th, 2006, 07:26 PM

Thank you for sharing. I was wondering if you snuck the picture of the inside of the Basilica. I was under the impression photos were not allowed.

Also, I couldn't help myself and looked through your other pics. Totally love the eggs. So funny!
Feb 27th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Original Poster

I was on a tour and according to the guide, flash photography isn't permitted.
This was without a flash, as there is plenty of lite in there. I do understand this is a place of worship for Catholics, and having a bunch of gringo tourists taking pictures is rather tacky. I tried to remain tactful while taking the picture. If I was given the wrong info regarding taking pictures in there, please let me know. I'll delete it.
A few more pictures have been added today.
Feb 28th, 2006, 07:17 AM

NamlohG -- No, no. I'm glad you let me know. There are a lot of churches that do not allow flash photography. I'm planning on visiting the Basilica in early June and would love to take pic or two if I am permitted. We'll see.

Thanks.