Costa Rica Casa Chameleon pics

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just got back from our 1st Costa Rica trip. My brother has been many times and recommended Casa Chameleon. If I had known it was going to be this amazing I would have gone sooner! Here is a link to some pics. I'll post more as soon as I can...
www.casachameleonvacation.shutterfly.com
Old Nov 18th, 2007, 07:27 PM

Lovely pics, looking forward to more. What did you do when you were in the Mal Pais area? I'll be there in May and have some ideas but would love to hear about your time there.
Old Nov 18th, 2007, 07:32 PM

Thanks for posting the great photos. Curious to read more about your trip -- weather? wildlife? How long did you stay at Casa Chameleon? Did you rent a car?
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the nice responses. We stayed our entire 6 days at Casa Chameleon.

I wish we could have stayed even a few days more but this was all the time we had.

We did rent a car and I think it is a must for this area. We drove to Cabo Blanca reserve and hiked a bit one day. We saw howler monkeys and many kinds of birds. We saw more wildlife at the resort though.After Cabo Blanca we drove into Montezuma and had lunch at Playa de los Artists. Great sushi and it was a nice location right on the sand. Montezuma itself was very small but a cute area. More of a hippie vibe, which I had already been told. It was nice to go for the day though. The best part was the drive there-the scenery was amazing on the back road through the jungle.

Another day we drove to Playa Hermosa and had lobster for lunch. I think Playa hermosa was only 10 kilometers but it takes time to get to places because of the roads.
We spent one full day never leaving the resort and this is the day I took the photos of the chef. He made us breakfast,lunch and the most amazing dinner I've ever eaten in my life!

Another day we went to Curu and visited Isla Tortuga. This was a great day and I highly recommend it!
We had a great time stopping at different beach areas all around Mal Pais and Santa Teresa.

The weather was absolutely perfect!
The roads are very dusty because they are all dirt and its not raining. This is the reason we didn't rent an ATV. It looked like fun except the dust was clouding everybody's face. Some people wore goggles and masks. We could have rented one to go to Montezuma because the back road was ok.

Overall this is the most beautiful place I've ever visited. My brother has shown me many photos over the years because he goes all of the time. It was much more amazing than I thought because it just can't truly be captured in photos. I have a great camera even though I'm not a photographer. I still have to edit the photos because most of them don't come close to what was actually there.

I had read about needing to be a surfer in this area to enjoy it. Nonsense! We dont surf and there was plenty to do and see. But the resort had alot to do with it too. It was hard to leave because we had everything there. I could have easily spent a few more days just relaxing in the villa looking at the view and the wildlife. And being taken care of by David and Kevin the chef. They waited on us hand and foot.

Mal Pais is the only area we visited this time but it had everything-wildlife,beautiful beaches, lush jungle etc. etc. It was the perfect vacation.
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 05:47 AM
surfersmom

Enjoyed the pics and reading your comments. We will be there in January for 6 days .. by we mother / daughter (52 and 22).. staying at Mal Pais Surf Camp followed by Tropico Latino. Then 1 night in Montezuma before heading back to the Jaco area. I will watch this thread for anymore interesting stuff on the area.

Old Feb 27th, 2009, 11:48 AM

Bookmarking