Search

Costa Rica and Florblanca.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa Rica and Florblanca.

Greetings! I'm planning a wedding at Florblanca (Santa Teresa)resort and have the place fully booked for April 28 - May 02, 2006. In the past this place had a seemingly flawless record, however their recent reviews have been less than stellar. It seems that ownership changed and the service has gone downhill. As this is a VERY expensive place, we are worried. Has anyone been there in the last 5 months or heard anything about this place recently? Also, is renting a car here a good idea? Can you really surf from the Florblanca beach? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 08:16 AM

Surprised to hear ownership changed. Where did you hear that??
I have not stayed here so can't help with how things might have changed, but yes, it would be a good idea to have a rental car in this area as you are somewhat isolated in your location. Yes, you can surf there or very nearby.
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info! I read that ownership had changed from a few reviews on other travel web sites. Who knows? Thanks again.
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 10:59 AM

I e-mailed a friend in Mal Pais because I hadn't heard about ownership changing either. I found out the following... Florblanca was sold a few months back for over 9 million dollars. Supposedly the former owner, Susan Money(appropriate name)is staying on for a year to continue running the place. Some think she has already left to open another hotel in Nicaragua and this is why service has slumped. Since you have booked the entire place for your wedding, you should contact her directly and let her know of your concerns. I would think you would be well taken care of as it is VERY expensive. But,high cost doesn't always equal quality. Definitely contact her or someone there to be sure your money will be well spent and your special occasion will be what you expect. Also, yes you should rent a car and there are some great surf spots around the area,as Ally said. Good luck and Congratulations!
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 08:43 AM

Hello folks,
this is susan money, the woman who built Florblanca and who is here to ASSURE YOU THAT YOU ARE HEARING Rumors!

I have taken on a silent partner at Florblanca, but it is strictly a financial transaction. i still run the hotel, i have the same staff, and the only changes we have made are:
COPLETE SPA
NEW GIFT SHOP
new air conditioned lounge

i LOVE THIS COUNTRY, but wow, do rumors ever abound. We are very full, and we are very booked for the next 5 months, but always try and email us at: [email protected] and i will do everything to accomodate you.
I CAN PROMISE YOU THIS, FLORBLANCA IS BETTER THAN EVER......THERE HAS NOT BEEN ONE STAFF CHANGE, NOR WILL THEY BE.
GOOD OR BAD, I AM STILL THERE RUNNING THE SHOW!
THANKS FOR ASKING AND THANKS FOR TRUSTING IN ME!
SUSAN MONEY, OWNER fLORBLANCA RESORT
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 06:23 PM

Hi, I was at Florblanca in June. The service was great, the place is beautiful. There are however, a lot of rocks at the beach and it is dangerous to surf there and to swim there. It is a good idea to have a car (or rent an ATV from Florblanca) There are beaches where you can surf and swim nearby or you could walk about 20+/- minutes on the beach to an area without rocks.