Condo Rental in Playa del Carmen

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking for a condo rental in Playa del Carmen in late January. I am checking VRBO but there are so many different complexes I have no idea where to start. We are looking for a 1 bedroom on or very near the beach, want to spend less than $1000 for 7 nights. Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks,

Ginger
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 07:20 AM

If it's off-season, Xaman Ha may have 1 bedrooms in your budget. It's an older complex with a pool, on the beach. It's a very short walk to the main drag (5th Av) of Playa Del Carmen. There are newer complexes in town, and on the other end of PDC, but most of those are pricier. Xaman Ha is very convenient. We've stayed there a couple of times and were pleased. There are a few large grocery stores nearby as well.
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 02:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I'll look in to it.
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 05:26 AM

$1000 on the beach for a condo is going to be a stretch.
http://clubyebo.com/

Look at this one. I've stayed at Yebo a couple of times and for the money and location, its a great option. Not on the beach but only 1 short block up. The kitchenette's are pretty tiny but the 1BR is really big.
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 01:41 PM

I doubt you'll find an oceanfront condo for less than 1K at the end of Jan., which is high season.

But if you are willing to go a block off the beach, with ocean views, you can do it. I know of a nice condo like that at that price at that time. I have no intention of advertising it here though. Email me eileend10 at verizon.net and we can discuss it if you like.
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips. I reserved a studio at club yebo, but may change to a 1 BR. Is it a huge size difference jette?
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 05:46 PM

ginger, yes it is a huge difference. Is there a reason you feel you need the space? Personally I can't really imagine cooking in the studios but you could do so easily in the 1 BR. I've been at pre-dinner cocktail parties in the 1BR with 8 people and plenty of room to mingle. They are very spacious and well equipped. The studios, smaller and basic but clean, secure, perfectly located and one of the few real bargains left in Playa

I really like the studios myself but on vacation, there's no real cooking on my agenda....nah uh, no way!!! I generally pick up breakfast, some light lunch stuff and snacks/beverages @ Mega for Yebo. There are just too many fabulous places to eat out and can be done reasonably to make cooking worthwhile IMO.

I usually hit grocery shopping the first night or morning, pick up yogurt,fruit,cheese, ham, rolls and beverages of choice.
Mega is an easy walk but I usually take a cab back with several bags of groceries. Cab from Mega to Yebo is no more than 25 Pesos (@$2). WARNING>>>the plastic bags they'll pack your groceries in are WIMPY.

This way you can either go out for breakfast/lunch or grab a quick bite and save your vacay $$$ for something special later in the day.
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Original Poster

That's what we thought to do. Breakfast, maybe a packed lunch for the beach/exploring, out to dinner. I think we'll stay with the studio. Thanks.