Chichen Itza

Nov 12th, 2007, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

Chichen Itza

We will be visiting Cancun and wish to see the ruins during our stay. What is a good tour and expected price to pay? We can book through Apple for $80/person - should we just go with that one? All comments appreciated!
Nov 12th, 2007, 05:20 AM

Most of us rent a car and do-it-ourselves. A car by the day costs up to $80 and you can go on your schedule. Look at cancunrentacar.com - they have an office on the strip...I think it's in a Barcelo hotel.
Nov 14th, 2007, 11:16 AM
mrt

When I took the tour we went by chartered bus. The bus broke down for two hours and we had two hours less of the tour. Rent a car and hire a tour guide when you get there.
Nov 19th, 2007, 02:30 PM

You can get a tour to Chichen Itza with the provider Cancun Line. The tour is Chichen Itza de lujo with means luxury. It is 90usd per person. They have a luxury bus with tables. You are served a continental breakfast, waters, soft drinks, juice, coffee and beer are on board. You stop on the way for shopping, spend 1 1/2 hours guided tour of the ruins, 1 1/2 free time in the ruins, have a traditional Mayan Food buffet after the ruins with traditional mayan dancing, then after lunch on the way back you stop in Ik-il a cenote or sink hole in an underground cave where you can swim or admire the cave and stylignites and styligtites for about a half an hour. Everything above is included in the price. I would suggest to take with you Comfy Shoes, Sun Screen (Biodegradable), Bug Spray (Biodegradable), Camera, Swim Suit, Towel and extra spending money (this is for tips, souviners, etc.)I live and work in Cancun for 5 years now I know that the Apple Tour is not very good. Please, let me know if you need any further information or help.
Nov 26th, 2007, 02:08 PM

denisec,

Did you book the trip with Cancun Line at your hotel when you arrived or plan it ahead? It sounds amazing and seems like it would fill up quickly. Do you know of any contact information to get in touch with them ahead of time? Thanks!
Nov 28th, 2007, 06:36 AM

I've been there twice from Cancun. Once we took an executive bus from Cancun to there and stayed overnight, the next time we went on to Merida, but I think one way the fare is about $15 and it's a better bus than you'll usually get on a tour--three seats across. There's a lot of margin built into those tours and you're shuffling around with 30 people, listening to a guide give you far more information than you ever wanted. Hire your own upon arrival and you can set the pace.