Search

Chaa creek villas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaa creek villas

I poisted on generel thread so I repeat. The orchard villa is the only one available at Chaa Creek for us. 2+ 3kids. Is it a nice villa in a good location on the property? Otherwise, would the villas at Blancaneaux be a better choice?
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 05:39 PM

I'm not sure why you needed to repost, but I'll add that the location and surroundings of Chaa Creek seem better to me than Blancaneaux - jungle as opposed to pine which is regrouping from beetle problems, closer to San Ignacio. That said, I'm a budget traveler by choice and wouldn't stay either place (too manicured) but LOVED Chaa's Macal River Jungle Camp, our splurge: www.belizecamp.com . Also, there are lots of great tour options from the San Ignacio area including Tikal in Guatemala (highly recommended). I can't imagine the location on the property is too big of a deal - the whole property is gorgeous and not very large. Hope you have a great experience whatever you decide. Happy trails...
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 05:39 PM

I've not stayed in the Orchid Villa, though I have stayed in all the other accommodations at Chaa Creek--the regular cabanas, the Garden Suites, Rosita's house (this in December), etc. They're all excellent. I'd give the edge to the full Garden Suite (the jacuzzi one), but I wouldn't think you'd be disappointed with any of Chaa Creek's accommodations. The grounds are beautiful, and the lodging is all in one relatively small area of the grounds. The food when I was there in December was a notch above what it has been in the past.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks hopefulist and Lan. I will book today. Lan liked your article very much on Belize Forum! Are you an expert on other destinations as well? I like your family perspective as well!
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 09:08 AM

I'll throw in my 2 cents. We stayed in one of the large suites (not sure what they call them but has hot tub on balcony) and cannot say enough great things about this place. One tip..try booking tours from town San Ignacio. The cost in town is approx 25% less than what's listed at Chaa. Enjoy!