Casitas Eclipse v. SiComoNo

Jul 28th, 2003, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Casitas Eclipse v. SiComoNo

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Casitas Eclipse? I would like to stay at SiComoNo or Tulemar Bungalows, but need to cut some coreners somewhere on this trip and Casitas Eclipse looks really nice on their website Can anyone tell me about Casitas Eclipse-- especially how it compares to SiComoNo and Tulemar?

Thank you.
Aug 9th, 2003, 03:39 PM

hi Jo,
I hope you get this message before your leave on your trip...
Casitas Eclipse is right down the road towards MA park from SiComoNo. We stayed at SiComoNo and absolutely loved it. Casitas Eclipse looked attractive from the street, but it is situated away from the ocean, therefore no views. The ocean views in MA are spectacular, but if that is not important to you, Casitas Eclipse should be a fine choice.
Enjoy,
Kirsten
Aug 9th, 2003, 09:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Kirsten. Yes, I did get your message before leaving on our trip. I'm one of those obsessive/compulsive types who starts planning way ahead! I have plenty of time. Thanks for your input. I find it interesting that no one on any message boards I can find seems to have stayed at Casitas Eclipse. Kinda makes one wonder why!
Aug 10th, 2003, 05:29 AM

I wonder if one reason you don't read much about Casitas Eclipse is that tour companies use the property. Perhaps people who just book a 'package' are less likely to use these boards, instead relying on information from their travel agents.

I would second the opinion that it looks like a very nice place. I think the Italian restaurant El Gato Negro is on the property. We had a very enjoyable meal there a couple of years ago.

I've also heard first hand that people enjoy Costa Verde, which is closer to the park itself than Si Como No or Casitas Eclipse. I know some of the rooms there have great views, and it's still cheaper than Si Como No.
Aug 10th, 2003, 12:25 PM

Hi Jo,
I have heard a lot of good things about Villas Nicolas. Their prices are based on 4 people to a villa but you can add more for $15 per.
Aug 10th, 2003, 05:59 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Sue--

I'm down to Villas Nicolas or Hotel California at this point, I think.
Aug 11th, 2003, 02:52 PM

Take my advice I just got back from there and if you can't afford Tulemar which is where I stayed and is amazing then go to Costa Verde the owner has a all kinds of rooms and bungelows on the property and can suite all kinds of budgets and he's American and owns a few great restaurants also. Theres a great barbeque across the street that has live reggee.
Aug 12th, 2003, 06:30 PM

Jo, I found lots of postings about Casitas Eclipse from recent travelers. Try searching the newsgroups rather than message boards. Just go to google.com enter "Casitas Eclipse" in the search field and click the "Search Groups" button. You will find lots of feedback on this property.

Also, something approaching a quality by cost comparison is located at--
http://www.frommers.com/destinations...56_indacc.html

If you travel in October I may see you at breakfast. Good luck!
Aug 13th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! I had never found those newsgroup postings before!