Casa magna Marriott

Old Jan 8th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

Casa magna Marriott

Has anyone stayed at this resort in Cancun? Could you please tell me about the location and resort? We'll be going in March, 2005 and appreciate any info.
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 09:02 AM

Hey BarbK,

Well i stayed there in August 2004 with a bunch of friends, and it's a very nice hotel. It is right next to the JW Marriott, and it is about 10mins or so by taxi from the main nightclubs downtown.

A few months prior to that, we were there for Spring break, and we stayed at the Omni Villas, and that was a nice place too.

If you are looking for a good resort and hotel then the Omni and the Casa Magna are great....the Casa is a little better i'd say.....however, it's not much of a party location in my opinion.

But hey, you can make it a party place right!....and the clubs like i said are not too far from there....so you'll have fun.

You going there for Spring break?

thanks,

nik akapartyman!
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 10:12 AM

We stayed here a few years ago. (2000.) It was a beautiful hotel and kept up very nicely. It was very quiet, we were there in August. Location was good there was a bus stop out front and for quarter you could ride to the shopping districts, downtown etc. It also had a wonderful stretch of beach in front.
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 11:16 AM

Hi BarbK,
My husband and I stayed at the JW Marriott(Nov.2002) which is attached to the Casa Magna by bridged walkway. The JW was one of our very best travel resort experiences- we did go over to the Casa Magna to eat at a great Japanese Restaurant on the property. I have forgotten the name. The whole resort area is very open- meaning you can move from Casa Magna to JW very freely. I think you will love your experience, Although you are a bus/cab ride away from the main party/eating areas travel into the city is quickly provided to you by the resort. Advice: avoid eating around the resort area- the cuisine is only so-so and very overpriced. If your hotel offers an excusion to Isla Mujueres(spelling?)- take it! What a beautiful island as is Cozumel. Good luck with your travel to Mexico it is certinly on of our favorite places(we have probably been back to other areas via crise ships at least four tomes in the past two years.
Eryn
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 12:31 PM

Hi Barb, My husband and I are also going to the resort in April but would like to know where to go for a few days before this for some R & R, anyone have a suggestion?
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Original Poster

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for you help. Sounds like a nice place and we are really looking forward to going!

BarbK
Old Jan 13th, 2005, 02:35 PM

Has anyone used the Cancun Entertainment Plus Card (2 for 1 deals)?
Any comments?