Carry on question

Old May 24th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carry on question

This question is for those who have traveled recently. I've read about the restrictions on liquids /gels being limited to one ziplock bag of bottles 3oz each. My question is can you take ANY 3 oz bottle or does it have to be clear ones that you fill? In other words can i take sunscreen in a 3 oz round container If it is in it's original wrapping and be able get through security? I'm just not sure how strictly they are following this.
Old May 24th, 2007, 08:28 AM

You will be fine with original packaging as long as the size is marked.

The whole thing varies from person to person working and airport to airport. After travelling several times from my home airport and through others with the same clear small plasric fill yourself bottles, one day the guy working security (he must have been in a "work to rule" kind of mood,) confiscated them from me. When I questioned him, he said that since they were not marked, how was he to know what size they were... They were obviously within the size limit. I have since been through the same airport had no problems at all with the unmarked bottles. Also, I have never found it written anywhere that they must be marked.

Anyway - these days, except for obviously oversized bottles they seem to be OK with the 3 ounce stuff.
pura vida
Raquel
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:07 PM

You should have no problem. Most of the clear containers you buy are marked on the bottom. I found a 3 oz bottle of Neutrogena sunscreen for our last trip and took a bunch of sample facial products. Just remember, it's 1 quart size ziplock bag per person. I've also had lipgloss and nail polish in my bag that I forgot to switch into the bag and it went through both ways...go figure????
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:26 PM

Any container is fine, as long as it is 3 OZ and in a ziplock.
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:06 PM

Our son just flew PDX to LAX to GUA (Guatemala City) and had no problems with a mix of self-fill and purchased trial sizes.