Car rental in Costa Rica

Nov 1st, 2017, 04:40 AM
cd
Original Poster

Car rental in Costa Rica

Who should I rent a car from in Costa Rica? Do I need to buy their insurance? Any tips? Thank you.
Nov 2nd, 2017, 08:21 AM

Here is from the blog post I wrote:
Four-Wheel drive class cars are the only way to go (we ended up upgrading to Toyota Fortuna (Toyota 4Runner). Even with pre-reservation, be ready for your car pick up to take a bit of time, and if you think you already have car insurance coverage via your credit card (we do, through Amex), check with the rental company to make sure they will accept it. Bring your printed insurance agreement with you and be sure to actually read it. You will probably notice that some issues (e.g. personal liability, beach and river driving) have no coverage at all so you may have to buy an extra protection for these at the time of car pick up. We ended up buying an additional personal liability insurance (mandatory) and tire insurance (optional) from the rental office. Note that car seats or boosters are required for kids under 11, so either bring one from home or be prepared to pay extra at the rental.

more tips here http://celebratetheweekend.com/costa...planning-tips/
Nov 2nd, 2017, 08:25 AM

forgot to mention, we rented from Orbits, picked at Liberia Airport returned at San Jose airport
Nov 3rd, 2017, 08:51 AM

Lots of the big name American chains operate there. We've used Alamo without any problems. Tri-color is a popular Costa Rican company that a lot of people use.
Nov 5th, 2017, 10:24 AM
cd
Original Poster

Thank you Weekend and Volcanogirl!
Nov 6th, 2017, 09:43 AM

Hope you have a great trip!
Nov 14th, 2017, 12:00 PM

I'm a bit late to this but, if you have not booked a car yet please read these first. I run a Costa Rica and partnered with Adobe (the only rental car company I actually trust here). Through my site, you can get a 10% discount and second driver for free. Either way, read this to make sure you don't get overcharged from other companies. Let me know if you need any other tips! https://www.costaricavibes.com/resou...in-costa-rica/
https://www.costaricavibes.com/know-...in-costa-rica/

Search this Thread