Search

Car Rental in Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Rental in Cancun

I can't seem to find the post which recommends a car rental which picks you up at the airport and is cheaper since it is off airport site. Does anyone know? Please let me know. Thank you.
Old Mar 30th, 2017, 10:16 AM

Easyway. We just rented from them a couple of weeks ago.
Old Mar 30th, 2017, 12:13 PM

I've used Easyway in the past 3 times and would use them again, also my travel buddy. Another friend uses America Car Rental, both are local companies located a 5 minute drive off airport and will pick you up outside the airport and include full insurance.
Old Mar 30th, 2017, 02:49 PM

By the way, we went with Easyway because of the "includes full insurance" option, but it turns out you can also use Easyway WITHOUT that option for half the price.
Old Mar 30th, 2017, 03:05 PM

Followup - the price for a Hertz car without the insurance was the same as Easyway's price for a car without the insurance. The difference was that WITH the insurance, Easyway was $100 cheaper ($200 for the week as opposed to Hertz' $300)
Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 06:45 AM

We've been renting cars in this area for many years. As others have said, the local companies are much cheaper when you factor in the insurances. The cars at these places sometimes have little dings and a somewhat higher mileage, but they are fine. Also, you rarely get the exact kind of car you reserved, but something similar. We've used Easyway, America, and our new favorite Avant. Avant was a little cheaper than Easyway, and their service was first rate. America is also good, but one year we had to wait almost an hour for our car to be ready.
Old Aug 19th, 2017, 01:50 PM

I just got back from my first trip to Yucatan and rented with Avant car rental. AVOID this company. First they did not supply the GPS I asked for and was listed on my agreement, then about an hour after leaving the office, while driving on the toll highway to Merida I got a flat tire-completely shredded. Called office-said- find a place to repair, no help to locate. We drove on to Merida on the donut spare, ended up having to buy a new tire at Firestone as tire ruined. They are refusing to reimburse me for the tire, saying it is not covered in the full insurance package I took out, and despite it happening on main road, not off road etc. It appears the car rental companies in Mexico don't value reputation, but only a quick dollar.