Capitan Suizo with teenager?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate all of the responses to prior posts, but I've run into a snag. After much debate, hubby, 16 year old daughter and I decided on Tamarindo Diria. Well, that was until I found out they're booked for our dates. Capitan Suizo does have room - one of their standard rooms with air conditioning. (don't mention the bungalows - we NEED A/C!!)

My question is twofold. First of all, Capitan Suizo looks very 'nice'. I don't want to stay someplace where my daughter will feel as though she has to whisper and tip toe. Don't get me wrong, she's a pretty quiet kid, I just want her to be able to relax and be herself. Is Capitan Suizo kid friendly?

My second question is the extra bed, ie futon, in the room. Is it big enough for a 16 year old. She's average size (5'6" 125 lbs). From the pictures, I am not sure it looks big enough - although those things can be deceiving.

Thanks again for any and all help!
H
Old May 7th, 2005, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Anyone??

I'm afraid the hotel will just tell me what I want to hear regarding the bed.

Thanks
Old May 17th, 2005, 06:37 AM

Phieaglefan - am wondering if you are back from Capitan Suizo in Tamarindo? We have one adult child and a teenager sleeping on the futon - it wasn't decribed as a futon but a double bed when we made reservations. I hear mostly great things about this hotel and it's staff.
Old May 17th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

Dyer,

I never did get a response, I made several attempts to e-mail the hotel. I never did call them. We basically decided that we didn't want to pay more than we originally intended for less - at least less in terms of bedding.

We switched hotels to Villa del Sueno in Playa Hermosa. We have a junior suite for less than half of the cost of the room at Capitan Suizo. Villa del Sueno looks very nice and gets great reviews. Also, our trip was so short, we decided to cut some of the travel time since we are flying into and out of Liberia.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
H
Old May 19th, 2005, 08:27 PM

Hey TO, you shouldnt give up so easy on your contract.
Capitan Suizo in Tamarindo is totally sweet. me and one of my buddies, both graduated from college and we went on a 20 day costa rican trip.
Question #1 - we are 22 year olds who were very respectful but we also had a great time. we stayed in capitan suizo for 3 nights, first two night we had two double beds. and the third night they had to move us to queen and a futon. i am 6'1" 170, and lost in paper-rock-scissors, so i slept on the futon, it was just fine, as i remember it was spacious and as big as a double.

Question #2 Dyer. two people on the futon? eehh. if you are going to dump that kind of money at capitan suzio get two non/AC'd rooms. i was there in late june of last year - not too bad.
the best rooms in suizo are non A/C, with balconies over their gardens. me and my buddy chilled on the balcony- drinking imperials and then i whipped him in ping pong, we went swimming, dined at the lazy wave(sooooo good be very americanized- menu in english) and best of all suizo set us up with a good capt/boat for 1/2 day of fishing for 300 dollars. and then cooked our catch.
great place and great time in tamarindo.
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:40 PM

Thanks AndyBall. We have two beds & A/C the first night, then we'll check out the bungalow and if it doesn't work, possibly two non A/C rooms will be available.
Old May 21st, 2005, 12:19 PM

Capt S is fun, fun, fun and she will love it! Not at all stuffy. GREAT choice for you!
Old Jun 4th, 2005, 08:10 PM

I wanted to reply that at Hotel Capitan Suizo the futon in the bungalow worked fine with my 21 yr. old and 18 yr. old. We returned from Tamarindo relaxed and full of great memories. We will return to Capitan Suizo - their staff was superb, as was the location on the beach