Search

Cancun vs Cozumel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2000, 04:35 PM
Jim

Cancun vs Cozumel

Looking for feedback on differences between the 2 we like senic beach's, good snorkeling restaurants and maybe some shopping any suggestions??

Old Sep 10th, 2000, 08:34 PM
Jo Ann

Hi Jim- <BR> <BR>I've been to Cancun twice with just a single day trip to Cozumel. Cancun is beautiful with many shops,bars, and restaurants. It is well established as a tourist spot so may tend to be crowded depending on when you're vacationing. If you like to enjoy water activities with also something to do at night I would definitely head to Cancun. If diving/snorkeling/relaxing is your main interest Cozumel is probably your best bet.

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 07:47 PM
Lucy

Hi, <BR> <BR>I've spent my last four vacations rotating between Cancun and Cozumel, and they both have their good features. In fact, I'm planning a trip to Cozumel in the next two months. <BR> <BR>Cozumel is more relaxed and laid back, but still has plenty of shopping, good restaurants, and beautiful beaches. Rent a jeep, pack a lunch, and explore the gorgeous south end of the island and the Mayan ruins. <BR> <BR>Cancun offers more nightlife, restaurant chains (Hard Rock, Outback, etc.), world-class shopping, beautiful hotels, etc. It's very cosmopolitan and Americanized. <BR> <BR>Make sure whichever place you choose that you verify your hotel is on a sandy beach if that's what you're looking for. Many of the hotels say "ocean front" but are situated on ironshore, not a sandy beach. Also check the water conditions - some of the hotels do not allow swimming at their beaches due to rough water. <BR> <BR>In my opinion, you get more for your money in Cozumel than Cancun.

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 05:00 PM
d motl

If this is your first time to Mexico we would recommend Cozumel. Our only complaint is that they lack the great bus system that Cancun has. <BR>If you stay in Cancun do the Isla Mujeres bay side such as the Presidente or Quality inn. Great beaches! On the Carribean side you are taking a chance on the water being calm enough to enjoy dan and ginny <BR>

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 05:02 PM
d motl

oops -- forgot to say that for snorkeling it is no contest. Cozumel wins hands down. <BR>

Old Oct 1st, 2000, 07:02 PM
Bonnie

Any suggestions for all-inclusive resorts for a group of 18 year-olds? <BR>My son and his friends are deciding between Can., Coz., and Puerto Vallarta. I have only been to PV. Thanks for any help you can give me.