Cancun Vacation Recommendations

Old Jul 30th, 1997, 06:26 PM
Marge & Mike

Cancun Vacation Recommendations

My husband and I plan to spend a week in Cancun. We could use any hotel, restaurant, shopping, golf, and night spot recommendations you may have. Did you book a package plan? We want to stay in a nice resort - are considering the Ritz Carlton Cancun. Thank you!!

Old Jul 31st, 1997, 03:22 PM
Kim

The Ritz-Carlton is probably my favorite in Cancun. Good service. Very nice. The Fiesta Americana Coral Beach is also very nice with a better beach and surf. There is a new place called Casa Turquesa that we would like to try. It is small, all suites and supposedly the best place there these days. I think it is where all of the celebs stay when they come into town to open another Planet or get drunk, tattooed and/or married (not in that order). Hope this helps. Have a great time!!!

Old Aug 3rd, 1997, 04:42 PM
jacqui

There is a place call Calinda Beach& Spa in Cancun it is an all-inclusive resort. It's terrific. Nice white sandy beaches, watersports, food, wine, liquer, Gym, and a whole lot more to do in that resort. Prices range from 99 per person per night up to 175 depending on when traveling. If yu like some literature let me know. I'll phot copy it and send it to you. Enjoy your vacation wherever you decide : )

Old Aug 4th, 1997, 01:31 PM
L. Montgomery

I would recommend only the Ritz Carlton in Cancun.

It is the most wonderful Resort. The service is the best I have ever had, resort is beautiful,

The Ritz is the only thing that could get me back to Cancun.

Old Aug 6th, 1997, 05:40 AM
Don / Boston

Just back from Cancun, never visited but went by the Ritz it seemed very nice. Their are many wonderful high end resorts in Cancun (most are in the same general area as the Ritz) among them are Caesar Park (very high end Westin Resort with Golf), Omini Hotel, Melia Cancun to name just a few. I am sure you will have a great time at any of these including the Ritz. Lorenzillo's is a nice waterfront Seafood restaurant that we love. If you are adventursome and like water/snorkeling I would recommend a "jungle cruise" it was a lot of fun. Some people like the ruins trip but be prepared for the heat !! A boat trip to Isla Mujeres (shopping/beaching and eating) is a fun way to spend a day but don't feel you have to spend a fortune to go their (the hotels always try to sell you a high $$$ cruise) many ferries can get you there for any where from $2 - $14.

I have spent 11 days there this year (2 different trips) email me if you need more info !!