cancun.. snorkeling trips?? PLS RESPOND?

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 02:38 PM
jennifer

cancun.. snorkeling trips?? PLS RESPOND?

this sept... and I am intested in the best snorkeling tours, what they include and the prices.. any input would be really appreciated. My husband and I have never been to the ocean. We live in CO & are pretty landlocked. Any other suggestions about cancun (ie.restaurants) are appreciated. THANKS.. j

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 11:18 PM
Jennifer

There is a wonderful Catamaran snorkeling cruise from Cancun to Isla Mujeres for about $35 per person which also includes free drinks and lunch. The trip is about 5 or 6 hours long and is well worth it. They will rent you snorkeling equipment right there at the pier for about $5 day. My wife and I went on it last year and just loved it! Isla Mujeres ("Island of Women" - not true though) is a small mexican island (great shopping) about an hour or so from Cancun that has some wonderful snorkeling reefs. The crystal blue clear water is only 10 to 15 feet deep all the way to the island. Most every hotel will have info on this Catamaran cruise. Just ask! Cancun is fastly becoming Americanized. The "real" mexican restaurants are around the downtown area. If you can't handle their food, then you may have to stick to the restaurants in the "hotel zona" (all along the water). One of these that is a must is "Rain Forest Cafe". It is truly a delight! Hope you enjoy!!

Mark

Old Aug 21st, 1999, 06:16 AM
jennifer

Thank you mark for your advice.. I have
heard of Isla Mujeres and only everyone
only had good things to say about it.
We are anxious to get there! -j

Old Aug 21st, 1999, 08:31 AM
Alfredo Nunez

Hi! The few responses you received about Isla Mujeres are right on target. I have never been to Cancun because it's not my type of place but I have been to Isla four times. The snorkeling is excellent; try going to Isla Contoy, you won't regret it.

Old Aug 22nd, 1999, 09:44 AM
rita

take the city bus about 5o cents to ferry dock to isla mujeres ferry about 6 bucks walk around or rent a moped. On walking the beach ask one of the locals to take you out on a tour basically around 20 u.s. we have done this a few times much better than any tour. Snorkelling ranges greatly and they usually know some good spots. Also it is interesting to meet local people and hear thier history. have fun

Old Aug 23rd, 1999, 01:14 PM
Fred

My wife and I visited Cancun 3 years ago. Snorkeling around Cancun is great. We really enjoyed the Jungle Tour which involved cruising in a two person boat or jet ski into the beautiful lagoon and then snorkeling. Aqua Tours ran this and it was excellent. I think it cost around $30 per person. We also took an all day snorkeling tour to Puerto Morelos and it was the best snorkeling around! You can get on a tour which takes a bus. The crew was fantastic. I can't remember the name of the company but it was almost across the street from the Grand Oasis. The all day tour was around $55. My wife and I thought that that Isla Mujares over rated and would not bother to go back.