Search

Cancun Hotels-need advice

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancun Hotels-need advice

My husband and I are going to Cancun mid-April. We have stayed at the Fiesta Americana Condesa in the past. We liked it but thought of trying something different - no kids anymore. We can afford upscale hotels but doesn't have to be. We are looking for a great beach area with bar/grill close to beach or service on the beach. Also, rooms must have balcony with great view. Don't know how "stuffy" the Ritz is. Ritz is fine in Paris but not sure I want that in Cancun - would prefer a less rigid atmosphere. Also, I checked out pictures of Le Meridian's rooms and they don't seem to have a great view. Or do they?? Also, the fewer the kids, the better this trip.

The hotels in the shopping zone appear to be very crowded on the beach. Is this true? Condesa is halfway down the zone and never was over-run with teenagers or kids. Checked out the FACoral Beach but don't like the small beach area so that is out. Want EP and number of pools is not important. Beach. Cocktails and food. Great view from balcony. That's all we need!

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated!
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 06:07 PM

im going to the JW Marriott in mid april. premium ov room, sounds like what you are looking for
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 07:50 PM

Check out the 2 new Riu Hotels in Cancun.
Riu Cancun opened May 2003 and the brand new Riu Palace Las Americas. opened Jan or Feb 2004.
They look amazing.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 05:12 AM

From what I have read in the reviews of different web sites the JW Marriott seems to be the best hotel if you can afford it. I don't know how pricey but I do know it's up there. I stayed at the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach and I loved the beach the water there is perfect hardly any rough waves, when we stayed at the Marriott the waves were very rough.I would check out the
Ritz and Le Meridien seem to be your best bet. I would definitely try to stay at any of the hotels I mentioned. To get more opinions try trip advisor.com Good Luck
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the help! While looking around I found a great deal on a condo at Royal Sands. Large beachfront with kitchen and lots of room for my husband to work
Starting the trip in Tulum at Las Ranitas. Should be a fun trip!

Ahhh, can't wait to put my feet in the sand...........

Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 08:07 PM

The Royal Sands is a timeshare, part of the Royal Resorts family of 5 timeshares in Cancun. We are members; we love everything about the Royal Sands. We return every summer. You should have a great time! The pools and the beach there is just fantastic! Enjoy!