Search

cancun hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:11 PM
maxine

cancun hotels?

wow, that was a really fast reply, thank you for your advice, i am going to take your advice and go to cancun<BR><BR>now what about hotels, i did some research and we are looking for something modern, fairly new, not overdone with old style flowers and bamboo and a bit luxurious ($100 - $200/night), any advice?<BR><BR>what about the following?<BR>- LE MERIDIEN <BR>- Park Royal Pirimides<BR>- Westin Regina<BR><BR>thanks!

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:16 PM
maxine

ooh, and we want it to be in a central area, near transportation so we can take off easily for day trips to the ruins and such

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:37 PM
Michelle

I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Cancun Caribe and would recommend it. It is very nice. Not sure about the rates though.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:26 PM
bill simpson

There is a Hyatt Regency &amp; also a Hyatt Caribe. Both are in good locations, however the Hyatt Caribe has a beach, if that's important, and the Regency doesn,t have a beach. The Westin is located some distance from the action. You will be doing a lot of busses or taxi's from the Westin. It's way down at the bottom of the island. I don't know anything about the others you mentioned.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 07:31 PM
ann

maxine,<BR>of the 3, I'd pick LeMeridien. Its a very attractive hotel on a beautiful spot of beach, and &quot;good&quot; part of the &quot;7&quot;. The buses are easy to catch to take you up to the party/bar areas. And its the newest hotel of the 3 you mentioned. Bill is right, I think the Westin is a little too far from the action of Cancun.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Stephanie

I went to Cancun last summer and stayed at the JW Marriott. It's a pretty new property and it's gorgeous!!! The pool area was fabulous - I literally stayed in the pool all day.<BR><BR>The rooms are very nice and I especially liked the spacious and luxurious bathroom.<BR><BR>You can't go wrong w/ the JW. I highly recommend it.<BR><BR>There's a bus stop in front of the hotel and the busses are frequent and cheap.

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just spent a week at Le Meridien in early January. It may be what you're looking for based on what you described. Let me know if you want more info.
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I second the Hyatt Caribe especially the villas directly on the beach. I stayed at the JW Marriott and found it excessively expensive. There is also no kiddie pool and was sickened to see all the dipered babies in the adult pool. The beach there feels like you are behind a fortress.<BR><BR>