Search

Cancun hotel..please help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 07:51 AM
Jamie

Cancun hotel..please help

Hello , me and a few of my college friends are going to Cancun for vacation. I am looking at hotel and plane packages and would like to know a good hotel to stay at. Location is very important, I have never been to Cancun and do not know what area is good to stay at. We want great beach, and to be as close to everything as possible. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:59 PM
marie

after much much research- i would say the Fiesta Americana Condesa, or the FA Grand Coral but it is a little more expensive.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Paula

I don't know how many of you are going but check out Tri-Timeshare. The Hotel Zone is great but the only great beaches are the north end of the zone. Locals cals it the fore arm. Look on a map of Cancun - the if you put your hand on your hip and stay between the shoulder and elbow part - you will have great beach areas. The lower part is quite rocky and the surf is rough. We stayed down near right in the middle of this area, we enjoyed being 5 minutes by bus from downtown and 5 minutes from the "elbow" or hussle and bustle.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 09:25 PM
chiariport

The Fiesta Americana Coral Beach is the best in my opinion.<BR>If you're a minimalist, go for the Camino Real.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 10:18 AM
paul

Having been to Cancun four times, let me give you advice on sweet hotels. Are you willling to pay a littel more?? Check out the Marriott, Hilton, or Melia Cancun Beach and Spa Resort. Great beaches at each hotel. The pools are sweet and the amenities are first rate. I've also stayed at the Hyatt Regency, but the beach there is terrible (rocks). However, the Hyatt Regency is right in the middle of the night life. Don't worry so much about the location as long as you stay on the hotel zone, you can grab a bus and be to shopping and nightlife in minutes. Make sure the hotel is high quality and has a nice beach.