Search

Cancun/Cozumel trip advice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancun/Cozumel trip advice

We are attending a convention in Cancun and want to add 4-5 days onto our trip. We were thinking of staying on Cozumel. I'm a scuba diver, my boyfriend isn't. Can anyone suggest places to stay in Cozumel and any other suggestions of things to do/see before we head up to Cancun. Thanks
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 02:01 PM

The only place on Coz I'd ever stay is the Intercontiental Presidente. Great diving and snoekling right offshore, and their own dive center.

They have very reasonable rates in the off-season - late April through early December.

OR, you could stay in Playa del Carmen or Akumal (good diving there) and go visit some of the ruins in the area - Chichen Itza and Tulum and Coba. The cenotes also make for interesting - if a little spooky - diving and snorkeling.

There'a neat eco-park - Tres Rios - where you can ride horses, snorkel a river or laze on a nice beach.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 02:04 PM

I just got back from Cozumel. It is a delightful little island with excellent scuba. They have many instructors there for your beginner boyfriend. Unlike Cancun, Cozumel is slow paced & unspoiled. There is a Cozumel only website- do a google for Cozumel travelnotes. Also- be sure to have dinner at the Veranda- it is a hidden treasure- Adios!
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. We will be sure to eat at the Veranda
Thank you
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 09:51 AM
TC

Orewa: We always stay at the Coral Princess Resort. It is located on a great stretch of reef just one mile north of town. You can snorkel right in front of the condo. They also have an excellent on-site dive shop, Pepe's Scuba. Your boyfriend can take a beginner SCUBA course and do some diving right on the home reef.

www.coralprincess.com

We've been going to Cozumel for 12 years and I would be happy to forward to you my "Thing To Do" list. Just drop me an email at [email protected].