Search

Cancun at Xmas

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Patti

Cancun at Xmas

What's the weather been during late December for those of you that go every year? A friend of mine went to Cancun for Xmas once and it rained the whole time they were there. What's your experiences been?<BR><BR>Thanks for the input!

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 11:34 PM
Diane

We've been a few times at Christmas and won't be going to the Mayan Riviera again at that time of year. Save the Mayan for spring break. The weather at Xmas/New Year's will be cooler and unsettled...maybe rain or very cloudy days with quite cool nights....sometimes with absolutely gorgeous days.....can't count on a single thing regarding the weather then.<BR><BR>If you are willing to settle for that, it can be quite good....but you can't count on it and it IS the most EXPENESIVE time to go so why take a chance. Go somewhere that the weather is a bit more predictable. Love the Mayan Riviera...just won't be going at Xmas/New Year's again!!!!

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Nancy

Patti,<BR>I agree with Diane.<BR>We went once that week (it was Dec. of 2000), and it rained and stormed the entire time we were there - yuck!<BR>We have been going to Mexico at least once a year every year for the last 10, and have found that April works best for usfor weather and prices.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Nancy

Patti,<BR>I agree with Diane.<BR>We went once that week (it was Dec. of 2000), and it rained and stormed the entire time we were there - yuck!<BR>We have been going to Mexico at least once a year every year for the last 10, and have found that April works best for us.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Patti

Thanks for the replies. Wonder if we go early December if it's any better. I sort of figured it was marginal. Kind of makes you wonder how they get people to pay those prices if the weather is generally not that good.<BR><BR>I was interested in staying at Royal Hideaway and checked rates for April on Expedia. It seems there is no off season for that hotel in April. So far early December they are about $100/day cheaper than in April. Can't seem to find anyone else that discounts Royal Hideaway.<BR><BR>Thanks again for your input.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Nancy

Patti,<BR>You may want to look at late April if you can go then.<BR>We have found high season in Mexico to run the week before Christmas to the week after Easter.<BR>Prices drop 30 to 40% at most places at that time...